May 19, 2024, 05:58:24 am

Author Topic: Nether  (Read 2951 times)

Avuka9119

• View Profile
Nether
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:52:18 am »
When i built a portal, and a mod activated it for me, the portal linked to another portal in the nether.
I spawn in a protected farm in the nether.
I rebuilt the portal and reactivated it, and still, linked to the same portal.
When coming back from the nether in this portal, i spawn not back to my house, i spawn in someone else's house.
Help?
[/url]

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: Nether
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:47:34 am »
When i built a portal, and a mod activated it for me, the portal linked to another portal in the nether.
When coming back from the nether in this portal, i spawn not back to my house, i spawn in someone else's house.
Help?

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal#Linkage_between_Overworld_and_Nether

khalfin2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:19:16 am »
The same thing happened to me. i made my portal in different places but i went to the same protected farm in the nether. >:(

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:55:56 am »
same thing here, my underground portal in the middle of no where, happen to land inside anothers protected house  :D oeps
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 12:26:33 pm »
Guys, it is normal that your portal links to someoneelse's portal because everyone wants to build their own portal in the nether and in minecraft, you will be teleported to the nearest portal in the nether other then creating a new one. You can make your portal in middle of nowhere but that coordinates can be the nether's most populated area. you will never know. So my suggestion is not to build your own portal and use someone else's.

Check it out! ;)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:29:14 pm »
Help?

The reason behind this is due to the fact then whenever a Nether portal is creating, it 'links' with the other portal inside the Nether. The Nether portal then can 'link' with other peoples portals, and because there are a wide range of different portals on Opticraft, you are bound to go and 'visit' someone elses house. There is really no workaround for this, except for the fact that when you are done in the Nether to type in /home.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Dshock336

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 01:07:57 pm »
I believe it links to the nearest portal within 1000 blocks

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 03:42:00 pm »
I've linked my portal up ;)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 04:09:20 pm »
It would be nice if there is a mod who fixes by not linking the portal to an already existing one but creating a new portal in the nether for each portal.

Check it out! ;)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:35:27 pm »
A direct qoute from the Minecraft Wiki that will put an end to the whole Nether Portal dispute:

Minecraft Wiki says:

1024 blocks is the minimum Overworld distance from a Nether Portal, at which you can build another portal and expect to reach a new location in the Nether

Unfortunately, nothing can be done about this, simply because it's an aspect of the game itself. There may be a plugin that might suppress this, but it still won't eliminate this problem completely.

One of the solutions that we may have to remedy this issue is to put a nether portal in the spawn and place other portals in each of the Town Spawns to reach separate sections in the Nether and to remove player-made nether portals completely (which might raise some issues). This would also force us to regenerate an entirely new Nether, since it would have to reset all of the current portals and portal IDs to comply with the new portals (and I doubt we have plans to do that anytime soon).

This has not been discussed in quite a while, but I figure I'd bring to light this issue so that people understand why nether portals are behaving the way they are-- in a more simplified response.