June 17, 2024, 12:38:18 pm

Author Topic: A new kind of farm  (Read 6443 times)

Creepers_R_US_12

• View Profile
Re: A new kind of farm
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:48 am »
D00M i am in i can supply a lot if blocks just depends what u gona make it out of nice work and msg me when u starting i am interested

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 09:24:58 am »
A lot of half slabs for that area, but cobble is easy to come by. What I forgot after watching this video again was all the slime for the pistons. Need. More. Slime. A lot of the cool stuff needs sticky pistons in Minecraft (i.e. piston doors).

I guess if you undertake this project with a friend, gathering slime wouldn't be too bad. Hope to see this underway soon. The lava was a great idea, Doom, btw.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileño

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 10:24:34 am »
A lot of half slabs for that area, but cobble is easy to come by. What I forgot after watching this video again was all the slime for the pistons. Need. More. Slime. A lot of the cool stuff needs sticky pistons in Minecraft (i.e. piston doors).

I guess if you undertake this project with a friend, gathering slime wouldn't be too bad. Hope to see this underway soon. The lava was a great idea, Doom, btw.

I was planning on lava and slab to cover it. Also, I created a design with regular pistons, not sticky

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 02:27:30 pm »
This is an awesome farming idea, the only problem you're going to have is keeping the 144 block radius cleared as, no doubt, people will see a large open area and want to build in it.
u wont need to clear it=D ask a mod to flood it with lava
Mods don't do that. I have asked for a cobblestonegerator and that is not allowed. I don't think mods will place lava in the nether either. Enough lava there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »
Well, mining the 400 odd by 400 odd area, as you, will need one hell of a lot of pickaxes...
 AND it's gonna sure as hell take you a long time to find all that space...