March 28, 2024, 03:04:05 pm

Author Topic: The Province of Cornerstone Apps Open! Thread updated daily!  (Read 25493 times)

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
The Province of Cornerstone Apps Open! Thread updated daily!
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:45:02 am »

Click image for Live Map

Citizens:
nateneal
Harif - High Citizen
ftwsonic
adtfbttl15 - High Citizen
thedude114

Cities:
Ragnarök
City of Cornerstone
NOTE: If you wish to live in the capitol PLEASE fill out the form on its separate thread, found here: City Thread

City Bulletin Board:

4/19/12

Hello!

This is a short message, but is very important. I've made a decision to double the size of cornerstone, making it a true square, to make it 1500x1500. Any donations of wood/fence posts is very appreciated!

Also, the Capitol continues to head forward. It looks very nice so far!

Have a nice evening,
-Nate

4/19/12

Hello citizens (and not citizens)!

I'm proud to announce the beginning of Cornerstone's first official city, The City of Cornerstone.

The city is currently under construction, and so far is looking very nice. We have already started a town hall, public mine, public melon farm, and a superb path system. I plan on implementing an underground subway soon to the city to reach other cities and far off biomes quickly. Stay tuned!

The City of Cornerstone has open arms to all who wish to come. It truly is a beautiful and interesting landscape (a giant sand mountain was somehow generated). Here's a live map of it: http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/4635/64/4811/-2/0/0  
The city can also be accessed using /home harif. To join, simply fill out an app at the bottom of the page for free residence!

Come check it out, I am very optimistic about the future of it!

That's it for today,
Until next time,
-Nate

4/16/12

Good Evening!

It thrills me to say that the entire fence encompassing Cornerstone has been completed! However, the construction of a cobblestone wall is now underway! Right now, the height is only 3 blocks tall (on average) because of its size. However, I plan to make it taller later. If you are interested in helping to construct the wall, donate cobblestone or money, or are interested in a leadership postion drop a comment, pm me, or hit me up in game (ign: nateneal).

Currently, my sethome is right on the corner where the two fences meet, so feel free to drop by and take a look! (If you're brave, you can walk the entire fence). Also, I included a livemap link right under the city name. It is QUITE large.

Applications are still open, and most likely will always be, due to the size and nature of the city. Remember, if you're moving a city in/creating a new one, it is a little harder to get this request accepted (but don't worry, its not hard at all :P )

That's it for today. Remember to check back daily for news, projects, and other things!

-Nate

4/15/12

Good day!

I'm very excited about the recent expansion of the map! I have already located the corner of the map and started laying fence posts. It's quite large! The approximate size is 1300x700! I know this seems excessive, but it was required to include an arctic, grassland, mountain, and jungle biome.

I'm still looking for tons of help guys! If you want to help/apply, just drop a comment are contact me in game.

-Nate

4/14/12

Hello All!

While we anxiously await the expansion of the current map and the addition of the Member+ map, planning for the Province of Cornerstone is underway. This is a serious project. And, with a serious project, comes serious people. I'm looking for people to manage/maintain the town, as well as people who are seriously willing to help the project. Also, I plan on talking with Nick about an immediate purchase to the land.

As to the actual project, I'm frantically trying to get my farm up and running. I need the funding still to purchase building material/ps for the land (approx 20 diamond (just for the outside wall), or about 95 coal). Currently, I only have one person who has shown interest, and he plans on moving his city inside the province.

That's it for this message,
Have a nice day and don't do drugs.

-Nate

Application:

Cornerstone is currently open for application. There are two types of applications available: City Request, and free residency. City request is what it sounds like. If you want to start/move a city into Cornerstone, fill out the appropriate form. If you want to live simply in the district without being name to any town, just fill out the appropriate form. You will still have access to District amenities. (eg farms, attractions, etc.)

City App:

For all:

How long have you been in Opticraft?

What features do you look to employ as a city?

What are the approximate dimensions of your city?

If your city has a theme, please state so.

For already existent cities planning to move:

How many residents do you currently have?

How many residents do you plan on moving with you?

Do you have taxes? If so, what are they?

For cities that will be built new in the city:

What are your plans as a new mayor?

Do you have any "unique" ideas you wish to employ?

What is the status of current funding for your city?

Free Residency App:

Have you been banned?

How long have you been playing?

What are your plans in cornerstone?

How much land do you think you will need?

Do you agree to abide by all server rules and be courteous to others?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:01:28 pm by NateN »

Newbrict

• one hundred thirty-seven
    • View Profile
Re: Project For Near Future: Province of Cornerstone
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:05:25 am »
Do you have a team working on the land or are you going to be developing it alone?

(QUAKE 3 ARENA IS BEST)

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
Re: Project For Near Future: Province of Cornerstone
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:00:11 am »
Do you have a team working on the land or are you going to be developing it alone?

Well, this is a post to begin the idea. Actually claiming won't begin until the map is expanded, for obvious reasons. I plan to have a team that will create an elegant and friendly environment. Also, since it will be in the corner, the land will be practically ungriefable, since a simple border is needed.

So, no I don't have a team, but the plan is to have one soon. Also, I plan to apply for a city once its done and time passes, so then it will truly be ungriefable

Sorry, many of my posts are incoherent due to the fact my brain can't string together ideas at one time.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:06:00 am by witchawa »

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: Province of Cornerstone (need loaners)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 11:19:14 pm »
Can my town, Woodhall, be within corner stone?

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:07:22 am »
yes, it can. that's part of the concept. of course, only a few towns can be selected, but all are welcome

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 02:15:36 am »
Nice! It'll just take a while to move.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 09:04:21 pm »
Nice! It'll just take a while to move.

I'd be willing to help :) one note: im planning on having it in the member+ maybe. but I don't know yet

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: Province of Cornerstone (need other people for help, management)
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 10:42:31 pm »
Woodhall is currently in the guest+ world, but I want to move it the the member+ world, so it can be bigger. It would be a great addition to cornerstone.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 02:07:50 am »
Woodhall is currently in the guest+ world, but I want to move it the the member+ world, so it can be bigger. It would be a great addition to cornerstone.

well by all means come :) I'm going to try to work out a deal with nick, maybe he can let me have the land with the server protect feature immediately, but i doubt it

harif

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 05:39:08 pm »
im interested in your project. i think its a nice idea and im willing to participate.
im an adult player so wont be a problem, and also i am a builder. :)
my ingame name is the same, harif.

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: The Province of Cornerstone (nothing like it)
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 05:42:32 pm »
I would donate protection stones, but the few I have are for protecting my town. Can't wait for cornerstone to become reality. So, what would be the capital? Woodhall? You can be governor for all of cornerstone, but I remain mayor of Woodhall.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
Re: The Province of Cornerstone (nothing like it)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 06:11:01 pm »
I would donate protection stones, but the few I have are for protecting my town. Can't wait for cornerstone to become reality. So, what would be the capital? Woodhall? You can be governor for all of cornerstone, but I remain mayor of Woodhall.

Of course, your mayor of your own town. But, technically, if I feel your town is seriously declining, I hold the authority to temporarily take custody of your town and modify/repair it. I was actually thinking of making a city in the sky and dubbing it "The Capital". But, if Woodhall becomes very large and friendly, I can make that city the capital.

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: The Province of Cornerstone - Applications OPEN!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 06:19:40 pm »
A floating city would be a better capital :)

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:21 pm »
If it's going to be big, you wouldn't need protection stones, You would just be able to apply for city protection.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »
If it's going to be big, you wouldn't need protection stones, You would just be able to apply for city protection.

The only problem is, it doesn't exist yet, so I can't apply. No 3 weeks, no buildings, no approval. Unless an exception can be made in this case.

And, someone would see this, and just to be a ^&*$! would make a hut with a coal protection stone, and screw me over.