May 06, 2024, 08:13:11 pm

Author Topic: smd75jr mumble ban appeal  (Read 4400 times)

smd75jr

• View Profile
smd75jr mumble ban appeal
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:45:24 am »
It appears that deject3d just banned me from mumble for what (in my opinion) is a completely pointless reason. I don't believe that I have broken any rules nor have I done anything to warrant a ban.

"[9:30:49 PM] You were kicked and banned from the server by deject3d: you're bringing the average IQ of the room down with your constant wannabe btard mannerisms. appeal on forums.."

???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:50:20 am by smd75jr »

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: smd75jr mumble ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:01:57 am »
I feel that you contribute nothing to the mumble chat other than the occasional 4chan mannerism or other idiotic statement.

There is no single instance of chat that triggered this ban in particular, so it's difficult to give a concise ban reason that you will agree with. Tonight, though, you really said some dumb stuff. ie: "Yes, I'm a racist fuck, deal with it" in regards to Skrubbzilla bringing up Birmingham, Alabama.

You also completely shat on the conversation Blackphoenix and Alicia were having about drama or whatever; claiming that Alicia is a "femanon" and inevitably leading iGenerator to bringing up the idea that Alicia may be someone who shows her chest on 4chan.

Every conversation you try to have just devolves into either useless 4chan shit, disrespect, or a completely failed joke.

Please argue why you should be allowed to use mumble as a tool for communication, when all you do is make it difficult for others to hold a conversation.

This is by no means a permanent ban, but I'd like to see others' opinion on whether or not you should be banned from mumble.

DeadlyLead101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:13:11 am »
i personally do not mind you being on mumble. and originally when you joined mumble you were a pretty cool dude to talk too. but lately i feel like you have been saying the same "mems" over and over. if you stopped those, or at least as much. i wouldnt mind you being on mumble at all.

smd75jr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 03:29:56 am »
I feel that you contribute nothing to the mumble chat other than the occasional 4chan mannerism or other idiotic statement.

There is no single instance of chat that triggered this ban in particular, so it's difficult to give a concise ban reason that you will agree with. Tonight, though, you really said some dumb stuff. ie: "Yes, I'm a racist fuck, deal with it" in regards to Skrubbzilla bringing up Birmingham, Alabama.

You also completely shat on the conversation Blackphoenix and Alicia were having about drama or whatever; claiming that Alicia is a "femanon" and inevitably leading iGenerator to bringing up the idea that Alicia may be someone who shows her chest on 4chan.

Every conversation you try to have just devolves into either useless 4chan shit, disrespect, or a completely failed joke.

Please argue why you should be allowed to use mumble as a tool for communication, when all you do is make it difficult for others to hold a conversation.

This is by no means a permanent ban, but I'd like to see others' opinion on whether or not you should be banned from mumble.

I'm going to do this point by point:

--That's more of a matter of personal opinion really, I have had quite a few rather interesting and fruitful conversations on mumble, the majority of which have not been "the occasional 4chan mannerism or other idiotic statement".

--I don't actually remember this happening, and in my opinion, it doesn't really sound like something that I would say. However, if I did say that, than I am am truly sorry.

You also completely shat on the conversation Blackphoenix and Alicia were having about drama or whatever;

--I don't remember the exact content of this conversation so I can't comment about it

claiming that Alicia is a "femanon" and inevitably leading iGenerator to bringing up the idea that Alicia may be someone who shows her chest on 4chan.

--In the context of this conversation, Alicia stated that she went on 4chan, to which i jokingly replied with something to the extent of "so your a femanon?". A femanon is a "Female Anon", and has no negative connotations whatsoever. In regard to iGenerator, I have absolutely no control whatsoever over his actions. What you are claiming here is akin to me getting banned from a Minecraft server because my house got griefed.

--Again, this is more a matter of personal opinion, I do not mean any disrespect to anyone and if you feel that I have shown you any disrespect than i apologies for that.

----In summary, I love all of the people on the Optcraft mumble and have been having a great time here, I really enjoy the conversations as well as the people and am always looking forward to when I can get on. I am deeply sorry if I have shown anyone any disrespect and in the future will try to limit my use of excessive 4chan references.

Thanks,
smd75jr

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 03:37:37 am »
--In the context of this conversation, Alicia stated that she went on 4chan, to which i jokingly replied with something to the extent of "so your a femanon?". A femanon is a "Female Anon", and has no negative connotations whatsoever. In regard to iGenerator, I have absolutely no control whatsoever over his actions. What you are claiming here is akin to me getting banned from a Minecraft server because my house got griefed.
When did I say I went on 4chan?

smd75jr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 03:40:35 am »
When did I say I went on 4chan?

I think you might have, although it was rather loud at the time, if you didn't, then wouldn't that make that section of this document as well as most of iGenerators appeal kind of a moot point?

smd75jr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 03:51:23 am »
i personally do not mind you being on mumble. and originally when you joined mumble you were a pretty cool dude to talk too. but lately i feel like you have been saying the same "mems" over and over. if you stopped those, or at least as much. i wouldnt mind you being on mumble at all.

Sorry about that, I will try and limit that. :)

smd75jr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 04:28:28 am »
As an additional note, this probably could have been handled by simply pulling us down to an empty channel, explaining what you think is wrong, and asking me to try and correct it.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 04:42:52 am »
That's more of a matter of personal opinion really, I have had quite a few rather interesting and fruitful conversations on mumble, the majority of which have not been "the occasional 4chan mannerism or other idiotic statement"

You're right, it is my personal opinion. This opinion is based off of personal experience listening to you over the course of a few weeks. I'm trying to think of an "interesting" and "fruitful" conversation you've had, and frankly, I can't think of one. I can't even think of a time you've held a natural conversation with someone without your trademarked ability to sound either too sure of yourself or condescending, all the while talking too quickly- inevitably lending a tone that says "i don't have any social skills for actual conversation, but look at me, i can interject in a conversation and regurgitate a meme!"

I don't actually remember this happening, and in my opinion, it doesn't really sound like something that I would say. However, if I did say that, than I am am truly sorry.

You definitely said it, and the problem is that it DOES sound like something you would say.

I do not mean any disrespect to anyone and if you feel that I have shown you any disrespect than i apologies for that.

It's pretty simple to apologize for disrespect, the key to earning mumble privileges is simply to not disrespect people. I'm sure Alicia feels disrespected, or at the very least victimized. It doesn't matter if it was you or generator, you both caused the conversation to devolve into crap.

As an additional note, this probably could have been handled by simply pulling us down to an empty channel, explaining what you think is wrong, and asking me to try and correct it.

On the contrary, taking it to the forum allows for input from all involved parties. More importantly, though, it allows the time to craft a well thought out argument and allows you to put as much effort into your own argument as you feel necessary.

I can summarize my thoughts on this whole thing in a single image:

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 04:45:30 am »
While I agree with every thing you said dejected, this could have been handled better. Like smd stated, you could have just moved him into a different channel and told him to knock it off or he will be banned.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 07:46:25 am »
If I can interject into this, I would like to say one thing.

Smd, you are very, very immature on mumble. I am not sure if anyone has seriously taken you aside and told you this before today, but you work on peoples nerves a lot when you are online.

That is not to say you don't ever contribute to mumble and the community, I am sure you do - but all too often you are being immature, spouting off memes and otherwise being obnoxious. This is especially true when Alicia is around. You often take a condescending tone with her, which may be fine for awhile, but this sort of behaviour inevitably works on peoples nerves and leads to situations like this. You really need to just chill out and act sociable with us more often, you don't need to put on this persona of a "/b/tard.

Just be yourself and relax. Don't be obnoxious, and realise that the world does not revolve around you, be more respectful to those in the chat, and we won't have any problems with you.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:37:49 am »

Smd, you are very, very immature on mumble. I am not sure if anyone has seriously taken you aside and told you this before today, but you work on peoples nerves a lot when you are online.

That is not to say you don't ever contribute to mumble and the community, I am sure you do - but all too often you are being immature, spouting off memes and otherwise being obnoxious. This is especially true when Alicia is around. You often take a condescending tone with her, which may be fine for awhile, but this sort of behaviour inevitably works on peoples nerves and leads to situations like this. You really need to just chill out and act sociable with us more often, you don't need to put on this persona of a "/b/tard.

Just be yourself and relax. Don't be obnoxious, and realise that the world does not revolve around you, be more respectful to those in the chat, and we won't have any problems with you.

On that note, smd is now unbanned from mumble.

smd75jr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 11:03:46 am »

Fair enough

On that note, smd is now unbanned from mumble.

Thank you, though I will most likely not be on immediately so that I can try and figure out how to do things differently.

Also, thanks for handling this so quickly!!

:)