June 17, 2024, 03:10:51 pm

Author Topic: Selling items  (Read 1739 times)

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
Selling items
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:07:34 am »
There are almost no items you can sell at the market I would love if you could change that because I am out of money almost and when I try to create a shop to sell something either no one comes to it or it gets greifed.

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
Re: Selling items
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:16:20 am »
Personal Shops.

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:42:26 am »
You can't create shops on Opticraft. The reasoning, from what I've read at least, is that this is a survival server, and that takes away from the experience if you can just set up a shop and leave it to generate money. My advice is to purchase some melon seeds and start a melon farm; they go for quite a bit at the market if you are harvesting enough of them.

Drowse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:55:10 pm »
I think a great way to make money in game is mining, you can sell redstone, lapiz, iron ingots, gravel, basically alot of the items you get when mining or you can ask in chat if anyone wants to buy them as you can sometimes make more than what the market will pay :) I know when I first came to the server this is how I made my money. 

Sinnikin

• The Dogtor is IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 11:23:45 pm »
I like the idea of trading, but physical shops would take up a lot of space if everyone is entitled to a plot (and as you said, are commonly grief'd). Maybe adding public market stalls in the market area, as Drowse mentioned in Mumble earlier today.

I agree personal shops would be nice, but I don't like the thought of automated shops. The interaction between people is a good portion of 'survival'.

However, the daily clutter of people selling things gets cumbersome because you have to sift through help requests and general chatter. So I would also suggest a chat mod where you can have different channels you can listen to, such as "General" "Trade" "Help". The only problem is, I don't know any mods that work like this, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't out there because I haven't looked.

I hope something works itself out to make these matters easier for you, OP. Good luck!

P.s. You should delete and repost this in the "Suggestions" section, or request a forum moderator to move this topic to the correct area. :3