May 05, 2024, 04:29:35 am

Author Topic: unbanning  (Read 4257 times)

Ophicist

• View Profile
unbanning
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:52:23 am »
I was banned for griefing in Easttown. I have no recollection of ever doing so and I am hoping to be able to get unbanned so i would be able to play with my friends again. If there is something i can do to get unbanned it would be much appreciated.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: unbanning
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:05:29 am »
You were banned by Drowse for "multiple griefs on homes in easttown." Griefing, in general, is a big no-no here, and lying about it makes it even worse.

Also, moved to the SMP ban appeals

Ophicist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:45 pm »
when i say no recollection, which means of having no memory of ever doing it, i say that it could have been another person using my account. my account has been hacked before and i have changed it many times. i can understand if that will not get me unbanned. if it is worth anything the server is amazing and the time i played on it was fun and i will recommend this server to my friends. 

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 06:03:07 pm »
when i say no recollection, which means of having no memory of ever doing it, i say that it could have been another person using my account. my account has been hacked before and i have changed it many times. i can understand if that will not get me unbanned. if it is worth anything the server is amazing and the time i played on it was fun and i will recommend this server to my friends. 

You'd have to properly secure your account. I suggest getting Malwarebytes anti-Malware, free and efficient tool to get rid of trojans, malware ect ect.
Other than that, make sure your email address is secured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes'_Anti-Malware

The reason I don't buy the "My account got hacked" is because there's no way for the hacker to know what server you've been on, and to get on the exact same server isn't coincidental.

Unless someone actually got on your computer, or the hacker is someone you're playing mine craft with, the chance of your account being hacked just so the person can go around & grief in the server your playing in is just abhorrent.

Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Raichor

• MC Classic - Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »
The reason I don't buy the "My account got hacked" is because there's no way for the hacker to know what server you've been on, and to get on the exact same server isn't coincidental.

what about keyloggers?

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:34 pm »

what about keyloggers?

would get anything out of order, including cracked games.
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:53:26 pm »

You are still responsible for your own account. We don't play Nanny all day with every single user account, so there's no way for us to know if you were in fact behind the computer or someone else used it. It's still YOUR account.

Ophicist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 07:57:54 pm »
well then with that stated i most likely will not be able to play on that server again and if so could you take out out the protection stones that my username put down. Also what would happen to everything in my chests would it just have been a waste of time?

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:57 pm »
It means that when your ban lifts, you come back, and continue playing like before, But this time you have to make sure that your account is secure, otherwise you'd be banned again.
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Ophicist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:14:36 pm »
k but how long is my bann

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 08:21:53 am »
I don't know, Wait for Drowse to respond, or just try to join the server. It's not permanent though.
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Drowse

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 05:23:53 pm »
Ophicist, I did ban history on you and I'm not sure why its saying that there is no ban history for you and it is for other mods ....so I'm going to have to get back to you on this, not sure if its a bug or if someone unbanned you?

If any mod /op can see what the history is saying please can you send me a message.

/thanks Drowse

Nefroz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 05:55:35 pm »
I dont see any ban history for this guy either, not sure why.

Drowse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »
I need to know if this is your name in game ophicist so I can check this for you :)?

Ophicist

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 06:37:07 pm »
my in game name is beezie123z