May 29, 2024, 10:05:08 am

Author Topic: shops for donators  (Read 9593 times)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
shops for donators
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:57:26 am »
Just a suggestion, as some of us have alot of stuff to sell, (eg slime balls obsidian etc etc) that cant be sold on market.

Donators can have their own small shop allocated in the spawn by mods/ops/admins/owners. players puts stuff they want to sell in the chest and a mod+ edit the sign for them so that we can get our stuff sold... sort of like a free market... and have a donation reward to add more space for shop.. below is the bukkit plugin...

[ECON/RPG] SIGN CHEST SHOP 0.4.5 (KTSHOP) [1185]
Sign Chest Shop
0.4.5 (last update, edit 9/20/2011 6:27pm)
0.4.52 dev (last update, edit 10/3/2011 4:18pm)

Allow users to establish an economy through shops. Players can create chest shops which others can purchase items or sell items to. Server admins can create world infinite shops which allows trade using or one of supported economy through register API.

•Customize your own shop signs (no longer requires strict formatting)
•Player shops
•Server shops
•Supports register API (BOSEconomy, iConomy, Essential Economy)
•sign colors [for regular signs and shop] &0-9 &a-f

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-rpg-sign-chest-shop-0-4-5-ktshop-1185.30118/
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: shops for donators
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:52:35 pm »
specifically, this has been talked about before. the general consensus seemed to be that nobody really wanted the landscape dotted with outdated player shops. you say that it could be moderated by moderators, but come on, nobody really wants to deal with manually moderating the shops for players. in general, it just wouldn't be elegant.

additionally, this suggestion doesn't really follow the trend of the current donation rewards. enabling access to something as important and community-splitting like this just doesn't seem like it fits in with the current rewards.

--

in a more broad statement, the economy needs to be reworked entirely. right now, the market removes nearly all supply and demand from the server, preventing an actual economy from existing. the market needs to be either removed or heavily regulated, and more options need to be available to the player to promote actual buying/selling between members of the community. that is, after all, one of the major aspects and draws of SMP, isn't it? once we solve the current problems with the economy, i don't think we'll need a plugin like you suggested. and we're working on it.

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:17:39 pm »
I really like the way they did it with the Grand Exchange in Runescape. It would be awesome to have, but it's probably a lot of work to develop and a lot of users are needed to make it work correctly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:40:48 pm »
Just allow donators to set up shops at a designated spot near /warp market.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »
I really like the way they did it with the Grand Exchange in Runescape. It would be awesome to have, but it's probably a lot of work to develop and a lot of users are needed to make it work correctly.
The grand exchange would be a brilliant thing to have here, as you don't want to spam saying "Buying diamonds" or "Selling diamonds" but yes, this would take a lot of developing, and I don't think it is even possible.

---><--- Click the monkey

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:04:11 am »
i was thinking, of a row of 10 by 10 shops beside the market, where the players can only put the stuff they are selling  in the chest which has been /cmodify for them by mods+... and the players who can sell stuff are donators, or ppl who  have donated for it. :D

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:32 pm »
I have seen it in one more server who is a Greek one, but players dont donate for acquiring that permission.
I dont see how that would be usefull since you will be calling players to visit your shop or announcing your items.

When I want something I just call for the particular item, if someone has it.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:09:07 pm »
To be honest I hate the idea of donator shops littered around the spawn. If you were able to buy the ability to set up shops, I really don't think loads of people would donate for that - so personally as long there is a limit to the number you can make there is no problem. As for the location as I said I don't see the need for them to be around the spawn, just put them at your /home.

Overall, it's a very nice idea but an unnecessary one. If it were to go through however there would be a small limit as to how many you place and you wouldn't place them at the spawn.
These are my ideas anyway.
(sorry if there are mistakes, I'm on my phone :p)

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:23:21 am »
To be honest I hate the idea of donator shops littered around the spawn. If you were able to buy the ability to set up shops, I really don't think loads of people would donate for that - so personally as long there is a limit to the number you can make there is no problem. As for the location as I said I don't see the need for them to be around the spawn, just put them at your /home.

Overall, it's a very nice idea but an unnecessary one. If it were to go through however there would be a small limit as to how many you place and you wouldn't place them at the spawn.

Oh many ppl will donate for shops, this have been implemented on many of the top minecraft servers and is in demand
It is very necessary, as at times theres only 7-10ppl only (3pm-6pm gmt+8) and it is very hard to sell or buy stuffs.

Take note if the shop system were to be set up it will be more of a shopping mall then the whole spawn littered with tiny houses.

It would be much easier for players to source out for a better bargain if it is located at the spawn, showcasing everything everyone is selling on opticraft. If you set it at ur /home, theres a danger for the shop to be trapped (eg buyer get killed after buying), also would u want to /home to everyone on opticraft just to find the cheapest cobble stones?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:46:08 am by D00MKNlGHT »

leafel45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 07:11:10 am »
i don't think just donators get to make a shop. how about that non donators get less land to make a shop. and mabey make another world called player shops for players to build shops on instead of a big mess where there are shops everywhere you go and no space to build a home.
when the world is unbalanced i come in to give it life

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:49 am »

Oh many ppl will donate for shops, this have been implemented on many of the top minecraft servers and is in demand (justicecraft)

It is very necessary, as at times theres only 7-10ppl only (3pm-6pm gmt+8) and it is very hard to sell or buy stuffs.

Take note if the shop system were to be set up it will be more of a shopping mall then the whole spawn littered with tiny houses.

It would be much easier for players to source out for a better bargain if it is located at the spawn, showcasing everything everyone is selling on opticraft. If you set it at ur /home, theres a danger for the shop to be trapped (eg buyer get killed after buying), also would u want to /home to everyone on opticraft just to find the cheapest cobble stones?

it's nice that you're still promoting your idea, but as I implied earlier in this topic, user-made shops are simply not an elegant solution. They litter the landscape, require a potentially buggy plugin, and need to be regulated to be useful. I can agree that the difficulty of trading items with other users is a problem, but please spend your time thinking of a more elegant solution. and it should NOT be tied in as any sort of donation reward. that is just dumb.

in other news, with this explosion of population, the server is likely going to have to change the way chat works. something that is being looked at it implementing local chats, global chats, and potentially chat channels. this could easily allow an item-trading channel to be implemented. with so many people on now, it may just be an elegant solution.

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:05 am »

it's nice that you're still promoting your idea, but as I implied earlier in this topic, user-made shops are simply not an elegant solution. They litter the landscape, require a potentially buggy plugin, and need to be regulated to be useful. I can agree that the difficulty of trading items with other users is a problem, but please spend your time thinking of a more elegant solution. and it should NOT be tied in as any sort of donation reward. that is just dumb.

in other news, with this explosion of population, the server is likely going to have to change the way chat works. something that is being looked at it implementing local chats, global chats, and potentially chat channels. this could easily allow an item-trading channel to be implemented. with so many people on now, it may just be an elegant solution.

This are NOT usermade shop, the user only put their items in the chest and change the signs, the shops are designed by mods and ops, to ensure it looks AWESOME :D

i don't think just donators get to make a shop. how about that non donators get less land to make a shop. and mabey make another world called player shops for players to build shops on instead of a big mess where there are shops everywhere you go and no space to build a home.

In other servers even with donations HUNDREDS of ppl are applying for aa shop app, so to limit the amount of shops, donation for shops in opticraft is a good idea. This is to ensure that shop owners are HARDCORE opticraft players,who regularly restock the shops, and who are willing to donate a small amount of money, to have a spot to sell their stuff. It is not feasible for everyone on opticraft to have a shop.T/N the players wont make the shop, they only put their stuff in shops admins make so that shops will have some standard.. xD
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:35:50 am by D00MKNlGHT »

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 12:37:43 pm »
Just set up a personal shop by your /home. Like t always has been. And go to it when you have time.

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:43 am »
Just set up a personal shop by your /home. Like t always has been. And go to it when you have time.
theres a chance of traps being set at ur /home, plus it is much easier to find the stuff u want to buy by going to a "shopping centre" then to tp one by one to everyone's home to find out who has the cheapest cobblestone for sale xD

Drowse

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 03:03:07 pm »
I would personally love to see an area set aside like /warp players market (horrible name) but an area where we pay a fee to sell items maybe give players a chance to sell other items that the market doesn't (like slimeballs or potions...)
I agree chests all over the server would just end up being a huge mess but something like our existing market would give players who have already built homes something to spend time doing as well as a place for players to find items that our present market doesn't carry.
This area could be just a building where players warp to so that it would always look nice.

/don't be hating =D