June 16, 2024, 10:43:25 am

Author Topic: The admins and optical  (Read 8465 times)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
The admins and optical
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:52:54 am »
I have lost respect to one of the admins, I am losing respect to the other, and my respect stands strong for optical. You may be asking "Why is this in suggestions? This is not a suggestion!" Well, it is. I am suggesting a new way this place is run and I am posting it in SMP suggestions because nick said "SMP needs more attention" which is false, it stole the attention from classic. I am suggesting that nick, relkeb, and optical promote mods/ops (classic and smp), make decisions on suggestions, appeal bans, and work as a whole, instead of separate.
If you don't want to work as a whole, then why not split up jobs, one cares for classic, one nurtures/cares for SMP, and optical, ofc fixes bugs, codes in new things, and moderates their work.

This is another thing that could help you consider applying this into the builder application promotions.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:55:32 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
Re: The admins and optical
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:09:25 am »
i understand where you are coming from mr. i see this is a legit suggestion.
but honestly... this is just causing conflict :/ with conflict comes arguments
and the eventual death of a server.. im sorry but i cant be on your side mr.
i respect and trust you, and i believe you are mature, but i think its going too far.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:16:34 am »
but i think its going too far.
You know it is a suggestion, they don't have to go through with this. And if they do argue, there could be something that prevents it. Putting it aside, or optical can just stop the fight, things like that.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:53:47 am »
Every single moderator that has been promoted or rejected as been a group decision between me and relkeb, so I am not sure what you are getting at.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:06:05 am »
Every single moderator that has been promoted or rejected as been a group decision between me and relkeb, so I am not sure what you are getting at.
Well, then I am getting at the way you are doing it. You could make it more obvious.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:29:24 am »
Well, then I am getting at the way you are doing it. You could make it more obvious.
How would we do that? Both reply to the application? That wouldn't make sense. Before making threads like these maybe ask one of us how the apps are done to clear up confusion.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:26 am »
all i've heard today on classic server and on the forums from almost all the ops was "blah blah blah rebellion blah blah resigning blah blah admins are terrible blah blah blah".

I respect every single OP and i think they are all great at their job. But in all honesty, I think the admins and their system is fine so far. They know what they are doing and they know how to do it.

and yes Mr, ops should work as a whole but not all the time. They were elected as OPs because the admins believed he/she was responsible enough to handle jobs individually like ranking and banning people. Besides, can you imagine the conflicts and arguments that would arise if OPs worked together? Even if it was certain OP groups, they would occasionally not agree with each other in certain situations. The admins however work on all their decisions together and know what they are doing well enough.

I know i'm not OP but I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Hope I didn't say something stupid :P.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:11:13 am by DJAlphaWolf »

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 07:56:16 am »
Moderator rejections are done when both Nick and Relkeb agree on the decision. If there is any contention, I am involved. The Admins are doing their job as I expect them to right now, so props to them for that.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:55 am »
Moderator rejections are done when both Nick and Relkeb agree on the decision. If there is any contention, I am involved. The Admins are doing their job as I expect them to right now, so props to them for that.
Agreed. Sure we can be angry that we have been rejected, because it seems like we put in so much effort and in return we get rejected. Tbh I was so pissed when I got rejected :P but, to tell you the truth it doesn't seem like that much of a deal now. We can all still play the game like anyone else, sure we may not have any fancy commands, but at the end of the day, we are Opticraft, and we are a community! Like Optical said, we should feel lucky that we have Admins like Nick and Relkeb, you guys are doing a great job, we couldn't have asked for 2 better Admins. :)

littlej11

• psycowolf after his second energy drink =3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 12:53:43 pm »
I am siding with Mr on this the whole application system is flawed for one: only 2 people will vote and decide if you should get something very important (even when they are never online to see you be you.) I mean come on optical do you really see anything else then what they are telling you? because i for one almost never see you on to see what the admins are doing. i am not trying to be a great jerk or anything im just saying the whole "only 2 admins will decide what will happen to you and if we dont like you your rejected" thiing is flawed and needs to be fixed by Mr's idea of the whole community pitching in.    

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:22:56 pm »
Just throwing it out there, we heavily weigh the operators opinions as well.

Persianskitty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:00 pm »
Im on mumble quite a bit with Nick and Relkeb, and they make their choices very wisely, and they never bring any form of favoritism into their decisions. And they do take into consideration the opinions of others, but they always have the final decision - after all, they did reach Admin by proving that they are good at doing such. Optical chooses his teammates very wisely, and Im yet to see any type of flaw in their system.

They might have school and jobs and other things that might get in the way, but they still do quite a great job at being on to see nearly every player online, at least once. Even those with ridiculous timezones.

Optical does not take much part into the mod app decisions, but that is simply because he is too busy coding the server to bring it to its full potential. Nick and Relkeb, work as a team to decide the fate of others. It might only be two people, but you cant promote 10 people to Admin simply because we need the extra people. It takes a lot of time to decide on who truly deserves such a rank in our community.

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 02:16:03 pm »
I couldn't think of better Admins for a server, They both have common sense and make a good team when there heads are together.
There for I am on Relkeb's and Nick's side on this. 
Probably the best Builder ever.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 03:18:40 pm »
If there is a 'side' to this then I would lean more towards Nick and Relkebs.
Mr, I know where your coming from, but as Persian said in the end they do make their choices very wisely, and they do get inputs from others regarding the applications.

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 03:49:26 pm »
I have to say that i think this topic is completely out of order, nick and relkeb have put in copious amounts of hours into this server to make it playable for you guys with a little help from me tobs and exox. We were building this for 2 weeks straight and ironing out all the permissions in that time aswell. After the server went live Nick was pming optical about 2-3 times a day to fix certain bugs and permissions. Nick went out of his way to make sure this server thrives in the minecraft community and willl never stop doing that. I know for a fact that Relkeb was up to the early hours of the morning sometimes even 6am just to get this ready.

When it comes down to the applications Nick and Relkeb are always consulting on them to make sure they have made the right choice even asking advice from the Operators. I think you need to take a step back and really appreciate what everyone has done for you and the community and really think about what you said because we all worked so hard to make this what it is today.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:57:00 pm by Ramkitty »