April 29, 2024, 05:57:49 am

Author Topic: Warp Stone Idea  (Read 12641 times)

Drunz

• lolwut
  • Who can I yell at today?
    • View Profile
Warp Stone Idea
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:55:02 pm »
Hey guys, Drunz here.

I just have an idea about warp stones that could help cut down on transportation times. Have you ever wanted new space to mine in, build, or explore? Space that hasn't been touched by anyone on the server? Ok, say you do find some land that hasn't been touched and you already have a house somewhere else, say closer to spawn. And that house is where your /sethome is placed, you don't feel like walking a couple hundred to thousand blocks to get to your new area, right? Well what if you had the option to place a private warp stone/zone to your new area from your old house? Yeah seems appeasing doesn't it. Let me explain further.

Specfications:

Ok so the main idea is that these items would be sold in the market like protection stones are now. Prices would be fairly expensive because this is a luxury item, not an esstiantial item.
Pros-
-They would offer a quick way from Destination A to B.
-They would be for private use.
-They can be placed in areas such as a players home.
-They could possibly work like doors,chests,furances in the sense that they can be locked, and other players can be added to a list to use the warp stone, by the owner of the stone.
-As said before these warps will be a luxury item and will be expensive to try to keep the misuse of an item at the minimum .
-These items could also be put into a donation package for players who donate. (Thanks Nick)
-These warps can also be made public, and can be used to open a player made town/city.(Thanks iGenerator)

Cons-
-As for the cons, I'm not too sure how hard this would be to Incorporate into the server.
-If these warp stones would lag the server or not, if too many are being placed and used.
-The commands that would be implemented for moving or locking a warp stone.
-As well as other glitches/problems/troubleshooting such as a players going to warp stones that aren't theirs after using a warp stone that is in fact their own. (This is worded weird and kinda confusing)

So there's my suggestion on warp stones, any input by you guys would be awesome! Adding pros and cons to the list is a huge plus as well! Suggest things that I may have missed or you wish to be added and I'll add them to the list as I see fit.

Thanks guys!
-Drunz

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:28:33 am by Drunz »

Complicated_Name

• The Skyrim Operator.
  • I have a Skyrim addiction.
    • View Profile
Re: Warp Stone Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:19:19 pm »
I like this idea, would defenatly be nice.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:35:49 pm »
I support this!  This would actually be useful for people with large mega-cities too because they can allow people to warp to various regions and sections of the city similar to spawn. 
I get the feeling though that there will have to be a set limit as to how many stones a person can have active and only members+ could use them or something like that because you gotta have limitations to things like this.....

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:53:18 pm »
Order me 10. This is awesome.

littlej11

• psycowolf after his second energy drink =3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:55:40 pm »
I love this idea, support!

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 12:08:29 am »
Sounds good.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:46:34 am »
This idea, is kinda good.
I have some to add on that. A player, has to use only ONE stone. No more than that. Moreover, I dont know how effectively it will work because if I consider my mine, around to 3-4 people have passed under me, because they make very long and 1x2, 2x2 tunels for 1000 or something.
The server under our houses is full with tunels. The map has to become at least 6000x6000 for that to work..

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 12:41:19 pm »
Oh I just though of a major flaw in these stones. Couldn't people dig around your stone and when you warp you may end up falling to your death or something?  Then again I guess ppl do that with the /home cmd too....

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:44:20 pm »
Oh I just though of a major flaw in these stones. Couldn't people dig around your stone and when you warp you may end up falling to your death or something?  Then again I guess ppl do that with the /home cmd too....

That is a risk you just have to take. But I guess it would spawn you on a "Warp" block?

Complicated_Name

• The Skyrim Operator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 05:49:24 pm »
As i said befor i like this idea, but one flaw would be, what blocks would we use?? Minerals are out of question because they are used for ps.....

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:31:28 pm »
one flaw would be, what blocks would we use?? Minerals are out of question because they are used for ps.....
Sponge. When have sponges ever been used?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 07:35:14 pm »
I think it would be better if instead of stones we could just give out commands for private warps. That way it eliminates the need for a physical block.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Complicated_Name

• The Skyrim Operator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 08:52:48 pm »
one flaw would be, what blocks would we use?? Minerals are out of question because they are used for ps.....
Sponge. When have sponges ever been used?
I have never even seen a sponge in smp, but possibly yes.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 09:37:46 pm »
Sponges you can't obtain or craft normally-- you'd have to spawn them in using an item spawning command

Drunz

• lolwut
  • Who can I yell at today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »
We could eliminate the use of a block by just using signs like we are using now. They could offer a small 3x3x1 protection zone to ensure a player will not warp to his death.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:31:57 pm by Drunz »