May 14, 2024, 02:00:33 am

Author Topic: Does gravel destroy dropped items?  (Read 3589 times)

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
Does gravel destroy dropped items?
« on: January 23, 2012, 10:55:43 am »
I suffocated in gravel and had a lot of valuables on me I went back to the place in which I died within a minute or so and the items where gone.
Does fallen gravel destroy dropped items? Or is it a bug?
If this has been said and discussed sorry. Not played the smp much.

Littleevilwolf

• View Profile
Re: Does gravel destroy dropped items?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:56:52 pm »
no gravel does not destory drops. did somone take the stuff that u droped? if not i guess you were just unlucky. i died many times to gravel but i never once lost all my items from it, i always got back to pick it back up.
(drops dissaper after 5 mins )

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »
There was no one around me.
I am certain of it

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:34:36 pm »
Whatever the causes, we aren't able to recover lost inventories (we are not responsible for lost or stolen items/ inventories).

We can recover stolen inventories by use of force (only as a last resort and only if you give sufficient proof that a player did steal your stuff), but from the sounds of this it just seems like the items that you dropped had disappeared without a known cause.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:45:28 pm »
I'm not gonna fuss over it.
But it has now happened to me twice so it's frustrating

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:58:15 pm »
when a block falls or is placed on dropped blocks, it just moves them out to the side; unless it's glass, I don't know why that doesn't push things around.

---><--- Click the monkey

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:26:08 pm »
when a block falls or is placed on dropped blocks, it just moves them out to the side; unless it's glass, I don't know why that doesn't push things around.
I know that but it shouldn't destroy it. As that's what appears to have happened.

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 07:22:59 pm »
I had 30 diamonds on me, then died, /home'd, as thats where i died, and all my stuff gone, this has happened about 5 times since, i reckon its the thing that causes all your items to drop in 1 pile, if you dont understand, i mean, recently, if you cut a tree down, but dont pick up the blocks, while you are cutting it down, then the blocks that drop, go back up to the other blocks destroyed, and it drops as 2 blocks.

Sucks right? :/

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:03:21 pm »
...recently, if you cut a tree down, but dont pick up the blocks, while you are cutting it down, then the blocks that drop, go back up to the other blocks destroyed, and it drops as 2 blocks. ...

I have noticed that. I think that may be a plugin that optical has installed that makes item/ block drops group together like that when their in close proximity to other, similar drops.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 11:43:27 pm »
...recently, if you cut a tree down, but dont pick up the blocks, while you are cutting it down, then the blocks that drop, go back up to the other blocks destroyed, and it drops as 2 blocks. ...

I have noticed that. I think that may be a plugin that optical has installed that makes item/ block drops group together like that when their in close proximity to other, similar drops.
That is indeed what it is.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 01:33:13 am »

That is indeed what it is.
and that is what caused this: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,6618.0.html (bottom post)

---><--- Click the monkey

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 11:09:23 am »
I dont know if ti is a bug, but when you have an iron block ready to pick it up, there is a great chance to lose it from gravel.
It has happened to me couple of times.