June 17, 2024, 12:46:39 am

Poll

Which mineral/resource do you find yourself looking for the most?

Wood
1 (6.7%)
Coal
2 (13.3%)
Gold
1 (6.7%)
Iron
4 (26.7%)
Diamond
6 (40%)
Lapiz Lazulli
0 (0%)
Obsidian
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Mining Trip (AT LAST!)  (Read 3958 times)

t3dd123

• "With every cloud is an opportunity." ~ T3dd123
    • View Profile
Mining Trip (AT LAST!)
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:42:36 pm »
Today, I fell in a mine that was near the surface on an AWESOME seed. I had the planks to get up immediately, but instead, I went on my first mining trip that was not asked of me or forced. I mined 24 Iron Ore before going to the surface. It felt nice to be near lava with wood and not die/drop wood in by mistake. I prefer Iron over Diamond because I have no plans to make a trip to the Nether, and Iron is more common.

The sad part is, I have been in only 1 mine that was better, and that one is inaccessible because the person who owns it is on vacation. What is the best mine you have been in, and why?

The Banhammer Chewer! *chews on banhammer*

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Trip (AT LAST!)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »
I have been on plenty of mines, and it's even more fun if you go with friends.

Also, I kinda always skip the iron , I go for gold mostly, and diamond when it gets in my way :D

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:54:45 pm »
To be fair, whenever I venture down below the surface, I almost always find myself face-to-face with an abandoned mineshaft.

My favorite spot to mine resources is that in the Team9000 Survival server. I am currently undergoing rapid development on a raised peninsula/ mountain called Rocksing Heights (Yes, I named it myself), and it sits above a large abandoned mineshaft where I have multiple avenues of access.

I've had a lot of trial & error developing the landscape, but the rewards are great.

I most commonly look for Iron as well, because there are many other uses and implications for it than there are with diamonds.

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:05:36 pm »
This is my method of mining diamonds, and all ores, i make multiple layers of this same layout, a 4x7 room, with the shown Veining method.
http://gyazo.com/e01821af489f046a8998ee07169662ef
Works a charm, i have 24 diamonds on the SMP opticraft server, i live in a desert, so nobody around :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:29:00 pm by SpikeyThorn »

t3dd123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:21:35 pm »
This is my method of mining diamonds, and all ores, i make multiple layers of this same layout, a 4x7 room, with the shown Veining method.

Works a charm, i have 24 diamonds on the SMP opticraft server, i live in a desert, so nobody around :)
Interesting, but my "mine" is a Ravine I fell into. I also encountered 2 lava springs in said ravine. Xeadin, I also saw a Mineshaft, but didn't go in. It was mostly blocked by stone, and the only way I knew it was there was a 1x1 hole that let me see fence. Funny Pic:

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:29:33 pm »

Interesting, but my "mine" is a Ravine I fell into. I also encountered 2 lava springs in said ravine. Xeadin, I also saw a Mineshaft, but didn't go in. It was mostly blocked by stone, and the only way I knew it was there was a 1x1 hole that let me see fence. Funny Pic:

OOps :P forgot to link the pic, now look! :D

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 10:03:16 pm »
The mine that I found yesterday in accidend after 20+ down mining, was a 3-4 floors full of tunnels with a chest with iron bars, iron pix, and some other things..
It has near it lava, water, mobs(that have killed me twice.). I think I wont go back there again, even if it has wood, iron, lapi, and some gold. I lose everything there..
I prefer now to sell some iron in a reasonable and profitable price..
Anyway, we will see..

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 10:18:06 pm »
The mine that I found yesterday in accidend after 20+ down mining, was a 3-4 floors full of tunnels with a chest with iron bars, iron pix, and some other things..
It has near it lava, water, mobs(that have killed me twice.). I think I wont go back there again, even if it has wood, iron, lapi, and some gold. I lose everything there..
Anyway, we will see..
I'd like to explore it :)

t3dd123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 11:35:15 pm »
Anyway, we will see..
I also would not need to go there at all. I don't see the value in Lapiz and Gold, I already have Iron, and my spawn is in a Taiga that is near a Mushroom biome.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 11:50:01 pm »
Anyway, we will see..
I also would not need to go there at all. I don't see the value in Lapiz and Gold, I already have Iron, and my spawn is in a Taiga that is near a Mushroom biome.
So you don't think that 75$ for each gold ingot is any valuable at all? It's very easy to find gold, and sells for more than iron.

littlej11

• psycowolf after his second energy drink =3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 11:56:08 pm »
Anyway, we will see..
So you don't think that 75$ for each gold ingot is any valuable at all? It's very easy to find gold, and sells for more than iron.
liked it more when it sold for 200$. When i was rich :)

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 12:05:10 am »
To be fair, whenever I venture down below the surface, I almost always find myself face-to-face with an abandoned mineshaft.

ditto only whenever i find a fissure it always has multiple crossing fissures and a abandond mineshaft in it... Infact yester day i found one and got 6 diamonds, 36 gold, and 123 iron.

I am Lucky!!!
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

t3dd123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 12:35:39 am »
I know, but I mean practicality wise. Iron Tool: 251 Uses   Gold Tool: 33 Uses   Lapiz Lazulli Tool: Nonexistent

Nuff' said.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:15:18 am »
My main technique is "Ravining". Digging a long, long way until I find a ravine, then getting all the ores.
The other one is getting my slave (ZXFEAR) :P to mine 1 above bedrock for a long, long, long way and he gives me all ores he finds :P

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:41:21 am »
Hahaha..!
May I take your slave? :P