May 05, 2024, 01:30:44 am

Author Topic: 1.8 SMP Server offline - 1.0.0 is coming soon!  (Read 26104 times)

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1.8 SMP Server offline - 1.0.0 is coming soon!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2012, 09:31:41 pm »
You are thinking of supply and demand, not inflation.

Inflation is complicated, but it basically involves cash injections into the economy, causing more money to be in circulation, which means each $ becomes "worth" less, and prices rise to compensate. This is a very simplistic explanation.

This will not happen, nor will prices change due to supply and demand, as all the shops are managed by the server - IE Infinite supply.

Once we implement a user controlled market, this will change.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 09:45:53 pm »
You are thinking of supply and demand, not inflation.

Inflation is complicated, but it basically involves cash injections into the economy, causing more money to be in circulation, which means each $ becomes "worth" less, and prices rise to compensate. This is a very simplistic explanation.

This will not happen, nor will prices change due to supply and demand, as all the shops are managed by the server - IE Infinite supply.

Once we implement a user controlled market, this will change.
I'm not that good in economy, but I see other servers that use a supply and demand system, I just wanted to know if you're doing it here too.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 12:57:00 am »
Will there be inflation as part of the economy system?
(For who don't know - inflation is when a price of a good rises or decreases mattering about how much there are in the market. If there was 1000 gold blocks on the market, and now there is 2000, the price rises)
There will not be inflation because 1. Your example is not solely inflation, you are thinking of supply and demand, and 2. the server will have an unlimited supply of blocks therefore the demand will not increase the price.

There won't be an infinite amount, unless Relkeb took my advice on reseting nether and end every so often, I am guessing there are still boundaries, just a long way out this time. Glowstone could easily go up as there is less and less around the portal.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:29 am »
(For who don't know - inflation is when a price of a good rises or decreases mattering about how much there are in the market. If there was 1000 gold blocks on the market, and now there is 2000, the price rises)
There will not be inflation because 1. Your example is not solely inflation, you are thinking of supply and demand, and 2. the server will have an unlimited supply of blocks therefore the demand will not increase the price.

There won't be an infinite amount, unless Relkeb took my advice on reseting nether and end every so often, I am guessing there are still boundaries, just a long way out this time. Glowstone could easily go up as there is less and less around the portal.
I'm sure the things in the server shops wont need to be harvested. But if player shops are made then this potential could happen to an extent.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 02:18:07 am »

the server has unlimited blocks so prices will always stay the same
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 02:38:41 am »

the server has unlimited blocks so prices will always stay the same
Dang, because you can merchant off of prices that rise and fall a lot.

---><--- Click the monkey

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 06:13:05 am »
Except for blocks which are not sold in the market though. They will obviously not have an infinite supply.

smither007

• Pixel Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 01:07:06 pm »
Can't wait to come back on see you guys there! Hopefully il stumble upon you guys in classic.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2012, 06:39:39 am »
2012, the end of the world.... 1.8 world.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2012, 10:55:13 am »
Launch should be this weekend :).

1.8 up for download shortly as well.

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2012, 11:06:42 am »
Yaay! \o/
Probably the best Builder ever.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2012, 11:24:59 am »
Awzm, can't wait! :D

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2012, 04:23:45 pm »
Launch should be this weekend :).

1.8 up for download shortly as well.

Sorry for stupid question, but where is download?

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 08:08:34 pm »
Claw there is no such thing as a stupid question and the world save isnt up for download yet

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »
there is no such thing as a stupid question.
there is.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.