May 14, 2024, 03:50:30 am

Author Topic: 1.00  (Read 45638 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1.00
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 01:19:16 pm »
That is a Single building Nick, and I am not convinced it really suits the job, but yes we do have that as an option.
I understand that it can't act as the spawn alone but i think it would work out great.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 02:39:59 pm »
I am still confused as to why we aren't using the spawn relkeb took 6 hours to build.
Because it helps bind the community, it would look better, nobody has seen Relkeb's build, it is 1 man vs a server...

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 03:04:37 pm »
That is a Single building Nick, and I am not convinced it really suits the job, but yes we do have that as an option.

Well, fuck.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »
I am still confused as to why we aren't using the spawn relkeb took 6 hours to build.
Because it helps bind the community, it would look better, nobody has seen Relkeb's build, it is 1 man vs a server...
well when that one man spends 6 hours under the pretense that his build would be used it levels out.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »
i understand where your comming from nick, it's six long hours of work made by a trusted person.

but you also have to understand that there are better options... (no offence to relkeb)

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:32 pm »
i understand where your comming from nick, it's six long hours of work made by a trusted person.

but you also have to understand that there are better options... (no offence to relkeb)
You have not seen the spawn though so you cant be sure there are better options.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »

You have not seen the spawn though so you cant be sure there are better options.

I also understand that Relkeb, while a very capable builder, is probably not as good as Monkey and Toxic and Terre and (Spartan) and Gurgonis and Luminaeus (If he stills plays) and ZXFEAR and last, but by no means least, Xoiiku (Hope I haven't forgotten anyone :/ ) each building for 6 hours, with work teams of roughly 3ish atleast.
We could probably get more from the classic server, and have it as an event. Agreed?

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 08:02:23 pm »
Claw you forgot rogueish and i think lumi quit :'( :'( :'(

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »
(Nick I appreciate the defense)

I would never go out on a whim and spend that much effort making a spawn just for shits knowing that we would use one made by others instead. I'm not an idiot.

Its just that I was under the absolute impression (yes, from optical) that the building plans I showed him would be for the new spawn. Therefore at that time I willingly put in the man-hours. But alas, looks like it was in vain.

Its cool though, do whatever. I'd rather have a great spawn then a shitty one that can be blamed on me.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 08:15:57 pm »
Well i dont think anyone can make a spawn close to as good as yours by release time, like optical said we can make an amazing one later.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 08:29:40 pm »

0_o Don't think I have ever seen rogueish on classic.

Well i dont think anyone can make a spawn close to as good as yours by release time, like optical said we can make an amazing one later.

I thought you understood that this needs to be done after release, so we can all get on?

Implosions

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »
Hope I haven't forgotten anyone :/

I believe you did  ;)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 08:50:55 pm »

0_o Don't think I have ever seen rogueish on classic.
Same.

Claw you forgot rogueish and i think lumi quit.
why Rogueish? he's a good builder, but I dont think he would be enough. (i mean instead of the Classic Crafters)

And supposly Lum quit.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 08:55:29 pm »
I reckon rogue could make crafter if he wanted to but there are some good buildiers out there that arent crafters you dont have to be a crafter to be a good builder

rogueish

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 09:21:32 pm »
I tried playing classic for a few days at first, but I couldn't ever find anyone on to judge me for a promotion to recruit.  At any rate, I've seen others' builds on SMP and I'm not sure I'm in that class yet, heh.  I just build a lot, and sometimes I get lucky and things work out :P

Personally I don't see why the entire spawn would need to be fleshed out right away, and why it couldn't change over time.  The spawn is what visitors and new people see when they first log in, right?.  The spawn on Opticraft classic is what got me hooked on MC - I saw that Statue of Liberty and I was just in complete awe. 

I think it would be great if the spawn area was large enough to showcase builds from some of the server's best crafters.  I realize we could have different areas of the map for this, and everyone will have their own territory, but the ability to just wander around a bit and see a 'museum' of high quality builds would be interesting.  I know there are lots of builds on the server right now that are great, but I've never seen them - and I have no idea how to get to them.  Builders who get to build at spawn could post signs if they have larger builds elsewhere and invite people to port to their home to see those too.

I think it would also serve to push people to build out into the rest of the map a bit.  I'm not sure exactly how building will be restricted on the new server, but if people can do it, they're going to run right outside the spawn's protected area and start looking for trees to (partially) chop down.  A small spawn could quickly be completely surrounded by dirt houses and floating leaves.