May 04, 2024, 06:11:34 am

Author Topic: I have decided...  (Read 7435 times)

DeVil.DeMonde

• View Profile
I have decided...
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:48:37 pm »
I have decided that unfortunately this server is not for me. I wish you all the best in your various endeavors and nothing but the best of success to optic and the server. There are just a few things the youth of the community do here which I simply can't condone. That coupled with some of the contents of some of the postings on this forum have made me change my mind about being part of this community. Respect has always been earned, never given freely, whether earned by age, experience, or formal training. Mental filters and self moderation are wonderful skills, and should be excised liberally, once something is said, it is often too late to take it back. Always remember the impressions you leave with people last a lifetime, if you want people to think their best you should always put your best foot forward.

That said I don't expect anything said on the internet to be well received or understood. In fact I half expect the offenders to simply skim over this. On top of that it will probably be misconstrued by those it was NOT meant for. Regardless...

Pax Vobis (Peace to you),
The Most Reverend DeVil Cardinal DeMonde

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
Re: I have decided...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:29:58 pm »
Aww, you are an extremely matured player who gives really valuable feedback, its sad to see you go..
I wish you best of luck in whichever server you join, and may we meet again sometime.
Goodbye.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 02:13:56 pm »
bye.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

ReljaM

• I RULE THE WORLD WITH NO PICTURE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:54:01 pm »
Bye!

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:59:35 pm »
sad to say but.....cya brother :l

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:34:41 pm »
Thanks for your feedback, good luck with your search. I do recommend you check back on us in a month or so, when the ball has gotten rolling, i am sure many of your ideas will have come to fruition then.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 10:33:52 pm »
You're the one that started those long topics, I'm sure feanor would have loved you. (or was that paul, aka Muffingrr, not too sure)
Bye, and why not make your own server, I'm sure you'll do a great job on it! :) (I wasn't keeping up with the topics he made/posted on because of the reading it took and my dyslexia made it harder to read them so if he does have his own server, then I take that back.)

---><--- Click the monkey

turtleman918

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 10:53:53 pm »
Vale, reverendissime. (I think thats right, im not great with latin.)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 11:21:15 pm »
You're the one that started those long topics, I'm sure feanor would have loved you. (or was that paul, aka Muffingrr, not too sure)
Bye, and why not make your own server, I'm sure you'll do a great job on it! :) (I wasn't keeping up with the topics he made/posted on because of the reading it took and my dyslexia made it harder to read them so if he does have his own server, then I take that back.)

Pretty sure that was Feanor :P And i am pretty sure he said he did have a server, just not active ATM as he prefers "playing" (if you get what i mean), to staffing.

I am terrible at Latin, but does that mean something like "Farewell, much respect?" (I guessed the first word :-\ )

Anyway, cya DeVil, nice meeting you. I will try to take your message to heart. As Optic said, come visit us once the server is ironed out! :)

P.S: That took 20 mins to type :P as I am on DS (No easy internet access otherwise). Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I didn`t enjoy typing it! (Fiddly, unresponsive and small touch screen keys)

turtleman918

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »

I am terrible at Latin, but does that mean something like "Farewell, much respect?" (I guessed the first word :-\ )

"farewell, reverend" is what i intended. anyway, nice meeting you, DeVil.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:52:50 pm by TurtleMan918 »

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 06:57:34 am »
bye =(

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 09:06:33 am »

"farewell, reverend" is what i intended. anyway, nice meeting you, DeVil.

Probably, but issime (ending) means most or lots of, doesn't it?

Exox615

• Gathering dust
  • Iron bars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »
Bye  :'(
It looks like you are eligible to vote. Why have you not voted?!??

DeVil.DeMonde

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 02:22:13 pm »
I'll keep an eye on you all. Right now I have been testing the 1.9.2 pre-release, which means there are very few if any servers I can join.

TurtleMan918 that was fine, though I'm more accustomed to seeing "et cum spiritu tuo." :)

Also Optic I've "spoken" with a couple of plugin Devs, there's one in particular you might want to look at called AcceptRules that may help with a little griefing. It's basically a plugin which makes it to where somebody must use /rules, then accept them. Until they do they can be placed in a bedrock spawnjail. It's completely automated as once they accept you can have it TP them out of the jail. That way nobody can ever claim "I didn't know."

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:00 pm »
That plugin seems redundat since we dont take "i didnt know" as a good excuse anyway.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident