April 26, 2024, 02:45:25 pm

Author Topic: Project planning (Old-world Village)  (Read 6423 times)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Project planning (Old-world Village)
« on: August 10, 2011, 12:40:57 am »
I am planning on a world project-- not very big-- focusing on landscaping and city-building. I know that we have had a lot of city worlds in the past, but I think it's time for me to step up to the plate for something like this.

As I have said, I am not looking into a very big world, but large enough to make a fair-sized city or town with landscaping elements included in it.

The map size I am looking to build on is 256x256x128, though it may change depending on what others think on what to build if they don't want to make a cityscape or want a bigger area.

I am aiming towards the aspect that the whole map (or at least a majority of it) to be oriented with the select theme.

If anyone else agrees or has a project suggestion, don't hesitate to voice your comments/ opinions here ;)

I didn't want to post this in the Projects section until I have a select theme chosen for the world.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:24:37 pm by Xeadin »

grand_chill

• Alone
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
Re: Project planning (cityscape?)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:53:26 am »
I like the idea but the fact that we would have another city, the other being metropolis, puts me off.  :-\

JKA

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:54:38 am »
Hence why I am open with other project suggestions besides a cityscape.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:24:46 am »
Hence why I am open with other project suggestions besides a cityscape.

We may even have 2 citys, I don't remember, but how about a villagescape (You know what I mean) so like a small village surrounded by countryside?

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 02:41:46 pm »
Oohh... that could work. Like an old-world village sort-of :)

Thinking maybe a castle nearby as well, but an old-world village sounds perfect.

Now for the scale of the world... would 256x256x128 be alright, or do we need to go larger?

512x512x96 would be a bit much... (that is the default size for the Guest, Member, Recruit and Builder worlds)

So... somewhere between 256 and 512 maybe?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 03:13:07 pm »
Oohh... that could work. Like an old-world village sort-of :)

Thinking maybe a castle nearby as well, but an old-world village sounds perfect.

Now for the scale of the world... would 256x256x128 be alright, or do we need to go larger?

512x512x96 would be a bit much... (that is the default size for the Guest, Member, Recruit and Builder worlds)

So... somewhere between 256 and 512 maybe?

Sounds good :) Do I get to help as It was my idea  ::)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Project planning (old village scene?)
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »
Of course.

However, I [ALMOST] forget one thing: I may decide to whitelist the world, as we need talented builders to create the structures within (needs to look like it was well-done)-- not super-fancy, but at least in the quality and/or fashion that it was well-made. I have a knack for good-looking builds, and I think this is what the server needs.

For qualification to build in the world, you just need to show what kind of constructions you can build. Those that pass are allowed entry to build in the world. It's like a promotion application, but without the extra hubbub that goes into one. Just show your previous builds and I will take it from there.

That is about it. I'm not accepting qualifiers as of yet, since the world hasn't been built yet and I need to craft the landscape for the whole thing, but soon enough I will open up acceptance to build in the world.

I have decided on the specs of the world (subject to change) --
Size: 432 x 432 x 112 (in voxels)
Theme: Old World Village
World name: Village (if possible)
Minimum viewing rank: Recruit
Minimum building privelages: None, as it will be whitelisted (show as Operator)

Pending Admin's or Owner's approval(s)...

Sqydz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:00:34 pm »
I'm just going to throw my idea out there and see what you guys think. 

So, instead of just building one village in a map why not build two villages at the opposite end of the map.  Each village would have a very distinct style with different flags, castles, temples, gods, etc.   They would be built on different landscapes (desert, mountains, floating islands connected by bridges, country, volcanic) and maybe we could make it look like they are at war by building some smaller villages in the middle and make it look they have been destroyed with some semi burned flags.

??? ??? ???

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:58:48 pm »
Count me in as a builder after I've applied and been selected for crafter. That's my focus at the moment.

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »
Id like to put myself in for this if i could :)

grand_chill

• Alone
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 12:45:38 am »
Id love to help if you would have me! Villages and medievil stuff are my two favourite building subjects, and ive had some practive over the last few weeks as im building several village type houses and a castle which is still under construction (walls, floors/ceilings, stairs are in.) on a beta server Pilot10334 and i play on. Also i started a castle in /j operators themed on the crusaders.  :)

JKA

magicdude269

• *Veteran Operator*
  • Protect and Serve
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 12:50:41 am »
I have another city idea that would probaby be alot of work but through effort and the right kind of people it could be cool. My idea is based of the game BioShock and BioShock two which takes place in an underwater city called Rapture. I think it could be awesome but it would require a lot of people who are willing to build. What do you all think?
 P.S. I would also like to help on the village.

grand_chill

• Alone
  • It's a Trap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 12:57:00 am »
I have another city idea that would probaby be alot of work but through effort and the right kind of people it could be cool. My idea is based of the game BioShock and BioShock two which takes place in an underwater city called Rapture. I think it could be awesome but it would require a lot of people who are willing to build. What do you all think?
 P.S. I would also like to help on the village.
Post it in a new topic  ;)

JKA

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 01:38:23 am »
I'm not very familiar with Bioshock, tbh... :-\

magicdude269

• *Veteran Operator*
  • Protect and Serve
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 02:24:42 am »
I'm not very familiar with Bioshock, tbh... :-\
I don't know what 'tbh' means but bioshock is a sweet game that takes place in the '50s in an underwater city called Rapture and you play as a creature called a big daddy which is dressed in one of those old scuba suits that are like metal and you have a drill as an arm. Look it up on google images to see pictures of Rapture and Big Daddy. I think it would make a sweet world if we could get a world that was filled with water. What do you think Xeadin?