May 03, 2024, 10:46:21 pm

Author Topic: a creative server/world  (Read 25708 times)

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
Re: a creative server/world
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 10:32:30 am »
Plots suck. We need to do creative right and let people build whatever dimensions they want.

Why do we need creative mode again? I built this today, and you can't ever see it in person because it's stuck on my computer.

Resized those a bit
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:14:22 pm by iGenerator »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2013, 04:59:18 pm »
Was that post for or against the suggestion? I'm assuming it is for it but the wording was a bit weird...
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 09:34:56 pm »
Plots suck. We need to do creative right and let people build whatever dimensions they want.

Why do we need creative mode again? I built this today, and you can't ever see it in person because it's stuck on my computer.

(click to show/hide)
Resized those a bit
As always, that thing looks amazing.

---><--- Click the monkey

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »

Resized those a bit
It looks nice

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 11:40:32 am »
Was that post for or against the suggestion? I'm assuming it is for it but the wording was a bit weird...
it was for, he wanted to be able to show it ign to people. wich he cant. that's kind of the moral of the story (correct me if i'm wrong)

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:31 pm »
it was for, he wanted to be able to show it ign to people. wich he cant. that's kind of the moral of the story (correct me if i'm wrong)
IGN=in game name...
"He wanted to show it in game name to people"
Lol wtv.
Wow. That looks amazing.
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 10:55:29 pm »
IGN=in game name...
"He wanted to show it in game name to people"
Lol wtv.
Wow. That looks amazing.
yeah typo

izzy123

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2014, 09:04:51 am »
It would be nice to have a creative world to show other people how good we all are with building

Leafolozzy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 05:05:51 am »
Too bad this will never happen. This has been suggested many times, and little amount of success has come from the ideas.

1.) Too expensive- why would someone pay a but load of money for something that few people want? Our popularity is plummeting, and so is the money.

2.) Less popularity on SMP- if this is successsfull and we end up making a creative world, people would most likely switch to something new. it would leave SMP bare with n one in it.

3.) Who would really want a creative world- if its just puny 16x16 blocks, that would be pointless. For a tone of people just coming in and building tiny structures, it would get old very, very, very, very, quickly.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 06:21:31 am »
Too bad this will never happen. This has been suggested many times, and little amount of success has come from the ideas.

1.) Too expensive- why would someone pay a but load of money for something that few people want? Our popularity is plummeting, and so is the money.

2.) Less popularity on SMP- if this is successsfull and we end up making a creative world, people would most likely switch to something new. it would leave SMP bare with n one in it.

3.) Who would really want a creative world- if its just puny 16x16 blocks, that would be pointless. For a tone of people just coming in and building tiny structures, it would get old very, very, very, very, quickly.
1.) There have been plenty of topics, obviously people want it.
2.) Uhm hello, more the better...Gives people options on how they would like to play the game.
3.) Not ALL plots have to be 16x16. I have seen servers where you just start in a box and you build good to get out of it, then you can build with all the other builders. There is really 2 types of a creative world, 1. Plots! or 2. FreeBuild! Either one can work pretty well, I recommend FreeBuild just because it allows people to try to adapt to other player's work. Honestly I do agree it will not be added as to they just added pvp to shut us up.

My Stand on this Topic as of right now.

Pros and Cons
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pros- Allows time for more ways for a player to be on the server
Helps for people to join a server that want to play creative
Allows people to show-off their builds which a lot of people like to do
Allows people that wouldn't want to do great builds in SMP to make something awesome

Cons- What a pain in the ass for Opticalza to setup
Takes away what we are known for (smp.opticraft.net)
Takes more time to monitor both gamemodes
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

All in all, my opinion on this, is that we should stick with SMP. We are known by over 35k Members as a smp gamemode. Second, why add this in the first place when someone could just start a topic saying "Show-Off Creative Builds!" Then people can shove all their wonderful pictures right in one little spot where we can all see. That means we don't have to spend the hours to add the gamemode and people can limit theirselves to a plot or free build as well as being able to "Show off."

Finished this 2 days ago, like I said people like being on creative sometimes.
(click to show/hide)

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2014, 07:40:26 am »
When I play on SMP there is usaly about 9 on now imagine that if we added creative and pretty much no one would play on surival

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2014, 05:58:27 am »
you guys should realize that if this ever did happen the worlds would be connected through some form of programming magic.... the communities wouldn't be separated. it's not like we would create a whole other segregated server, that'd be stupid. Also new content would mean new players which would actually increase the community size rather than splitting it in half..... not to mention some of the new creative players would probably join everyone on the smp worlds to.

point being it's not like a black hole sucking everyone you know out of existence....
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 03:48:17 am »
Why is this still being discussed... We don't have a developer lol

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:16 am »
This doesn't have to happen...could happen in the far far future my friend. Ideas....Ideas...

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 07:54:20 am »

Because we wouldn't need one.