May 16, 2024, 04:27:19 pm

Author Topic: Ultra hardcore gamemode  (Read 3699 times)

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Ultra hardcore gamemode
« on: July 09, 2013, 05:02:54 pm »
So as of 1.6.1 you can turn off natural healing with /gamerule Naturalregeneration false. This makes it so you must eat a golden apple or use some kind of health/regen potion to regain your hearts. I think it would be cool if we could implement this on a personal level. By this I mean you start out by default with normal healing on, but then for a more challenging gamemode you could type /gamemode Uhc, and then your natural regen would be off. Just something I find fun to do in singleplayer, really makes the game more interesting.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra hardcore gamemode
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 05:12:00 pm »
So as of 1.6.1 you can turn off natural healing with /gamerule Naturalregeneration false. This makes it so you must eat a golden apple or use some kind of health/regen potion to regain your hearts. I think it would be cool if we could implement this on a personal level. By this I mean you start out by default with normal healing on, but then for a more challenging gamemode you could type /gamemode Uhc, and then your natural regen would be off. Just something I find fun to do in singleplayer, really makes the game more interesting.
Is that command a 'per-player' thing? Or a global setting?

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 05:16:28 pm »
hopefully per player... lol
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »
Is that command a 'per-player' thing? Or a global setting?
Per-player, they could choose to have it onor off whenever

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 08:32:36 pm »
I think that's a great idea! And per player probably.

----

OKAY then, shall we wait for nick to answer?

Do NOT Double Post, use the Modify Button
-iGen
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:45:19 pm by Afro_ »
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:40:04 pm »
That would be neat. Players who want more of a challenge could use this ultra hard game mode. I haven't looked at what the bukkit api holds for allowing plugins to set player gamemodes, but it would probably be as easy as adding an additional command plus one more line of code to do the actual gamemode setting in the opticraft plugin.

Best griefer name ^

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 11:06:12 pm »
Agreed. although maybe not give the command to staff+ to be able to change other players' gamemodes? UHC doesn't really make a difference IG so we players wouldn't really notice...
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »
Agreed. although maybe not give the command to staff+ to be able to change other players' gamemodes? UHC doesn't really make a difference IG so we players wouldn't really notice...

The staff can be trusted with lava and LogBlock, but not this command? That's basically your logic here, and I disagree with it.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:08:50 pm »
The staff can be trusted with lava and LogBlock, but not this command? That's basically your logic here, and I disagree with it.
Staff members can't change your speed or current gamemode, why should they be able to change your UHC gamemode?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »
They shouldn't, I think I misread what he said. I thought he meant to leave out the command for staff players entirely.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 03:44:13 pm »
They shouldn't, I think I misread what he said. I thought he meant to leave out the command for staff players entirely.
TOTALLY not. That would be unfair, etc. And I have thought over what I said... yeah I guess deekay is right... Although. Don't ops have creative gamemode(Although I highly doubt they would abuse their powers) and the power to change that kind of stuff? And I also know that sometimes staff members can be silly sometimes, and yeah. And Salda, I SPECIFICALLY said for them to now be able to change OTHER peoples' gamemodes, so yeah you misread it the second time .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:29:19 pm by Afro_ »
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted