June 16, 2024, 06:49:51 pm

Author Topic: Minecart Problems  (Read 4840 times)

proush600563

• SMP Trusted- Paratopia, Golden Nations Founder
    • View Profile
Minecart Problems
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:38:04 pm »
not sure what is wrong and this is kind of a weird problem to explain. In my city and the neighboring City there is a minecart system.
In my city near the gate there is a Central station for my city, and there are several other stations throughout the two cities.
I can succesfully travel from any stop, and can succesfully go and arive at every station exept Central Station.
I can leave from any station but if i arive at Central and try to get out it sends me back to my previous location when i was last not in the cart.
we have also tested this problem with other users and i have tried to relog, it is only me who has this bug. My player is physically telleported to its last location, although the cart stays at Central Station.
If i use the /back command after being sent to my previous location it will teleport me to where I tried to exit the minecart at in central station.
this problem only happens when ARIVING at this ONE station. departing from it works fine.
let me know if you need anymore information on the bug, or if it may be something that i am doing wrong.

thanks,
proush600563

p.s. some of my responses may be slow because I am limited on time this week and will not be as active as normal.
(click to show/hide)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:33:54 pm »
I made a similar thread. This is a terrible issue I have had alongside the issue where sometimes getting out of the minecart ends up getting me killed for no reason.

My problem, and most likely yours, is caused by the Anti-Cheat plugin which thinks people in minecarts are using a fly mod.

Best griefer name ^

proush600563

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »
that could make sense.
But then why when we had other people test the same track did they make it to the other side and leave the cart fine?
(i forgot to mention that in the initial post)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:34:01 pm by proush600563 »
(click to show/hide)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »
From what I've been told this has to do with the anti-cheat... Apparently if your track stays in a flat line you won't "rubber band" back to the start, but if it goes up or down you will always jump back to where you entered the cart.

It's quite the pain in the butt, cause I've built a rail system into my mine and can't use it.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:57:20 pm »
Ok, this is a problem that needs to be fixed. At first I thought things were fine because players weren't having the death/teleportation issue, but somehow, players are finding ways to get teleported back to the starting point at my public farm.

This really needs to be fixed. Even if disabling that part of anti-cheat has to be done as a temporary fix. This issue used to not happen at all, then it started, and then it got worse.

Best griefer name ^

OzzyKP

• I sleep with the fishes.
    • View Profile
    • National Youth Rights Association
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 04:03:12 am »
I've experienced this plenty of times myself.  Not always though.  If it can be fixed it definitely should be.
Owner & Creator of Aquain, a huge underwater city in the old guest world.  Check out info on my underwater city here.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 04:23:18 am »
Simple solution , relog before exiting

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 12:56:07 pm »
I experienced that in your farm chief, only I put another ingot in, went for another ride to try and get the iron, and then I got killed. Then I put another ingot in to try and get my stuff back, and I went back to the start.  :-\
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 06:08:37 am »
I experienced that in your farm chief, only I put another ingot in, went for another ride to try and get the iron, and then I got killed. Then I put another ingot in to try and get my stuff back, and I went back to the start.  :-\
You know it's a bug, it's been reported a lot, so just stop riding in minecarts if you don't wanna die.
It's a pretty straight forward short term fix.

proush600563

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 03:25:34 am »
This doesn't always work
However if you enter /back after exiting the mine cart its ends you to where you should have exited the cart.
(click to show/hide)

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 04:54:51 am »
This doesn't always work
However if you enter /back after exiting the mine cart its ends you to where you should have exited the cart.
So... foolproof way is using gav's first, then proush's?
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 03:56:52 am »
Just to note, this does not affect a roller coaster as long as;

A:  The end of the coaster is the exact spot where it also begins.
B:  The rider doesn't exit the coaster cart prematurely.

I have built a coaster at my home which goes almost to bedrock and back to the surface.  Myself, and several others, have ridden this coaster safely.  The only death was when the coaster wasn't complete and I exited the minecart underground.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 04:52:42 am »
That's still not very good. What about the people who build track systems for their mines? Or people who are building tall structures and have a temporary system in place (minecarts) to quickly get to the top of their structure. Maybe someone has a long minecart track that spans a large section of the world, but it has to chance elevation to make it easier to get around hills.

Even if players properly build their tracks, the tracks still becomes a death trap to someone who exits prematurely. Think about a new player who doesn't know about our anti cheat glitch. Maybe he is given a nice welcome by someone who is inviting the new person to ride a roller coaster. I would say it is a common mistake for the roller coaster builder to mention that anti cheat glitch with the minecarts. What happens if the new player gets bored or wants to move on to something else (remember, a lot of roller coasters can take a really long time to ride). He or she might break the minecart and then bam! Dead! Is that player going to want to continue playing here?

There needs to be a temporary fix to this problem (disabling the anti cheat for fly detection) until a proper fix is out.

Best griefer name ^