May 03, 2024, 04:29:39 am

Author Topic: [Felix_De_Kat] wayfarer01 ban appeal  (Read 867 times)

wayfarer01

• View Profile
[Felix_De_Kat] wayfarer01 ban appeal
« on: January 14, 2013, 01:51:01 am »
I feel true regret that I irreparably griefed evantabor918's home. I am aware that this is no excuse, but evantabor918 repeatedly griefed my friend, who I believe wishes to remain anonymous. He also tricked his sister, who is a newcomer to opticraft,  into believing that griefing is the object of the game, and I thought that this was not right. I suppose I should not have reacted badly and destroyed his whole house. I think I should be unbanned because it was my first grief and first ban ever, from any server, and it has been kind of scary and I'm frightened about ever griefing again. I am truly sorry for my actions, and I apologize to anyone at Opticraft who I have inconvenienced. Of course, I also apologize to evantabor918, and I am perfectly willing to help him with his house, if he will trust me again. I will understand if this is not the case. Thank you for considering my request.

Edited: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=wayfarer01
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:54:06 am by Felix_De_Kat »

Felix

• View Profile
Re: [Felix_De_Kat] wayfarer01 ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:27:34 am »
Wayfarer01,

Thank you for admitting and realising the error of your way. You have gained more respect from me for this action.

I am sure you may have heard the expression "An eye for an eye makes the whole World blind" - This also rings true in this case.
Put simply, If someone griefs you, your friend or someone else you know and you then return the favour by griefing him, the problem will only escalate more and more until everyone is unhappy (or banned).
If evantabor918 has/had griefed your friend and advised his sister that's how to do things on Opticraft, then you should have informed a member of staff using the /helpop feature available in-game and we will have dealt with the issue there and then.
Do not take issues in to your own hand - It makes YOU just as bad as the person who angered you.

As you can see by the image, I have rectified the grief and returned the house to its original design and there is no reason for you to return to evantabor918s house (home).

423 Blocks is an inexcusable number of blocks to grief from someone which normally results in an instant and final (permanent) ban.
However, I have read your appeal thoroughly and I do believe that you are sincere in your apology.

All actions deserve a reaction and have therefore decided that a term of ban will continue, but I will reduce from permanent to allow you a 2nd chance to prove your community worth (Only due to the fact that this is your first ban).

You can expect your ban to expire on the 27th January 2013 @ 04:21:12.

Please learn from this and not let yourself down again.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:31:06 am by Felix_De_Kat »
As you may have noticed, I have been inactive for a while.
I decided to leave Opticraft for a few reasons.
Goodbye & Good luck in all your endeavours!