May 16, 2024, 05:07:51 am

Author Topic: Stuck in nether portal.  (Read 4001 times)

LEDlaser

• View Profile
Stuck in nether portal.
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:08:56 pm »
It's the member world nether portal if you go through it twice it'll put you in a spot where you can't do anything. The only way to even leave the game is alt f4. I can't msg an admin because chat won't open.

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: Stuck in nether portal.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:30:26 pm »
there are multiple nether portals in the member world. you can even create one yourself.

you're going to have to be more specific about which one caused you to become "stuck" - and better describe how you are actually stuck. does your game crash immediately?

LEDlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:07:51 am »
when you use /warp member world and go back through the portal at the warp spawn to the nether then back through the same portal. There's locked doors on both sides of me and the chat menu or pause menu won't come up immediately after joining. I just need an admin to tp me to spawn to fix it, I just can't do it myself.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:56:22 am »
when you use /warp member world and go back through the portal at the warp spawn to the nether then back through the same portal. There's locked doors on both sides of me and the chat menu or pause menu won't come up immediately after joining. I just need an admin to tp me to spawn to fix it, I just can't do it myself.

yeah, looks like someone did something stupid.

i think i broke the portal you were having issues with, sorry you've had to deal with it. portals shouldn't be locked like that and there shouldn't have been a portal at spawn. let me know if you're better now - if not, you can talk to people in-game using IRC here: http://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=opticraft-smp&uio=d4

just explain to a moderator the problem you're having and tell them to teleport you to safety.

LEDlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 02:36:08 am »
Yes, that worked. Thank you.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:17:29 am »
I got stuck also, Cake27 said "If you are awesome, got to /home Cake27 awesome." It was set in a trap nether portal, the same type shown here. Could someone tp me out?
Thx

**UPDATE**
Cake let me out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:19:34 am by 2468avc »
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*