April 29, 2024, 07:25:28 am

Author Topic: CraftBook Plugin  (Read 5822 times)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
CraftBook Plugin
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:51:11 pm »
so there's this super awesome plugin called CraftBook. Basically it adds a bunch of awesome features pertaining to redstone and other contraptions that people like to use, some examples are:

elevators
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Elevators
bridges
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Bridges
gates
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Gates
minetracks
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Minecart_control_blocks

for a complete list of features you can check out the wiki for yourself
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook

1) this plugin requires no outside client mods to function.
2) all the features use existing blocks, all aquirable in a survival environment (no creative/hacks needed)
3) it plays well with other plugins already on the server such as world guard / world edit
4) the plugin has customizable access permissions for all of the features (there's a few i would recommend disabling like chunk anchors)
5) the plugin is open source so it can be customized specifically for the server as needed.
6) the plugin doesn't add anything that would give an unfair advantage to any particular person or group of people, it only simplifies making things that can already b made (however cumbersome it may be without the plugin)
7) the plugin is actively maintained

link to bukkit site:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftbook/

I strongly believe this plugin would be awesome to have and add a wealth of cool features to the server. it allows you to create compact devices without worrying about lets say hiding a 12 block tall tower of pistons just to make a simple castle gate.

i would love to see this type of functionality get added to the server so leave your thoughts/opinions below. if you don't like it say why not just "it's not good" and if it's something you think you could benifit from make your voice heard

keep in mind this doesn't add anything you couldn't do without it, it simply makes doing it easier, so the survival aspect is maintained and since everyone gets access to the features it's fair across the board.

-Tiggy
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: CraftBook Plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:01:35 pm »
Oh, I've seen this before. This is a common plugin that I find on quite a few different servers. Never played around with bridges though :P

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:19:29 pm »
1.5 is completely changing redstone, most likely breaking this plugin lol

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 06:24:04 pm »
1.5 is completely changing redstone, most likely breaking this plugin lol

pffft heresay =P

and it's actively maintained so im sure an update will follow shortly.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:00 am »
idk. Firstly I can tell this plugin would be heavy on the server-side of things. Secondly I think this would diminish the already non-existent survival aspect of the server.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:45:30 am »
idk. Firstly I can tell this plugin would be heavy on the server-side of things. Secondly I think this would diminish the already non-existent survival aspect of the server.
i love how you undermined your own argument.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:28:45 pm »

1) Off topic
2) Where did I argue the opposite? That was my first post in this suggestion thread
3) Sure, I may have stated suggestions or arguments in the past that this server should be more of an economic server because that's what a lot of other players might want, but all of the admins here only like the idea of this being survival so I'm just going along with that.
4) Let's get back on topic now.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »

1) Off topic
2) Where did I argue the opposite? That was my first post in this suggestion thread
3) Sure, I may have stated suggestions or arguments in the past that this server should be more of an economic server because that's what a lot of other players might want, but all of the admins here only like the idea of this being survival so I'm just going along with that.
4) Let's get back on topic now.
You said it would ruin the non existent survival aspect of the server. But if it is non existent it cant ruin it can it?
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »
This would be a useful plugin, but why risk it? It could contain bugs of dupe glitches. The server doesn't NEED this, which makes it a low priority or even no priority.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »
This would be a useful plugin, but why risk it? It could contain bugs of dupe glitches. The server doesn't NEED this, which makes it a low priority or even no priority.

should probably point out any plugin could contain bugs or dupe glitches..... even minecraft updates themselves can contain bugs or dupe glitches...... i suppose it comes down to the attention paid by the programmers....

interesting fact on that note, this plugin wasn't developed by some random, it was developed by the same people who made world guard and world edit. I wouldn't consider them particularly unskilled at what they do and they tend to try and squash bugs asap so as to keep their product popular.

as for needing it, well the server doesn't really NEED anything in this section of the forums.... kinda why it's the suggestion section for things it may or may not WANT, everything here has low priority.... go figure....

but hey maybe i'm wrong and they're a bunch of lazy slackers, go find a dupe bug that applies to the current version and prove me wrong..... i found a couple for the alpha version a year ago that's it....

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 07:42:05 am »
Interesting idea, but I would like to see what Mojang throws out at us first.

Offtopic:
I wise man once told me he goes to the SMP Suggestions for a good laugh on a down day.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »
this plugin looks pretty cool, it's all up to convincing optical tho.

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 07:14:57 pm »
This Plugin Looks Amazing! However, I think some players are looking to keep their SMP experience as vanilla as possible.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 07:26:46 pm »
This Plugin Looks Amazing! However, I think some players are looking to keep their SMP experience as vanilla as possible.

Welp, gotta get rid of protection stones. They aren't vanilla. I hope those people don't mind being griefed, rollback and protection aren't vanilla. Oh, and we should probably get rid of the market while we're at it, and maybe door and chest protections.

No, I think this is a pretty good idea. If people want an entirely vanilla experience, then that's what singleplayer is for.

lordyokel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 07:36:37 pm »
This plugin will be useless when the new redstone update comes out. mojang is re-doing redstone so it is easier to use and more realistic. it would be cool to have it but it will be useless when the update comes out
-Old man Yokel