May 02, 2024, 07:48:51 pm

Author Topic: The Church Of Pibbert  (Read 8731 times)

Zezenov

• View Profile
The Church Of Pibbert
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:23:51 am »

Hear ye Hear ye Opticraft, you are bearing witness to the beginning of a new Religion!

Zezenov, Tabooti, and Igenerator have been witness to a great many things and most important of all is our encounter with the Lord Pibbert.

And so it was, the nomads Zezenov and Tabooti , along with their merry men were traversing the wastes of North Town when in the distance a light shone down from the heavens on the hill before them.  And when they reached it, the clouds in the sky above parted and revealed the avatar of the Lord Pibbert, in all his glory, and he did say to the men, you are to be my disciples and spread my teachings across the land.  And then the Lord Pibbert did dictate to the two his 10 commandants.  And the two did listen intently so that they would never forget the Lord’s words.  

The Ten Commandments Of Our Lord Pibbert

Thou shalt not build structures out of dirt.
Thou shalt not live in horrid wooden or cobblestone shacks
Thou shalt never grief the work of thy neighbor
Thou shalt not steal from the unclaimed property of thy neighbor
Thou shalt not scar the landscape by only partially cutting trees down
Thou shalt not lie to the Admins and Owner of the Server
Thou shalt not build on the land of thy neighbor without permission
Thou shalt not bear false witness to an incidence of grief
Thou shalt not abuse exploits in the fabric of the world
Above all, thou shalt not take the name of Pibbert in vain

And then the lord continued.  On this very spot, you shall build a holy city as a haven to all who seek it from the evils that inhabit this world.  And this city shall be named Stettin.  Zezenov and Tabooti fell to their knees at this and cried, Yes Lord! We shall do as you ask.
And so they did.  Months later the city was constructed and stood out on the landscape in all its glory, defying the wasteland around it.

Stettin on the live map ---->     http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/32/64/-1187/-2/0/0

But then as the days went on, the shacks begin closing in around the city, and the gypsy camps moved closer with them, until a day came that they were at the foot of Stettin's great walls.  Try as Zezenov and Tabooti might, the gypsies could not be driven back and one day they pushed through the gates into the city and layed waste to it, destroying and desecrating the holy land.  

And so Zezenov and Tabooti, accompanied by Igenerator, went back to the hill where the lord had spoken to them before, above the ruins of Stettin and yelled up into the heavens, Oh Lord! Why have you forsaken us! And the clouds did part, but it was not the Lord that came down from them, but the angel Nick3306, with huge white wings and a golden glow surrounding him.  With a wave of his hand, a bright light engulfed the city and a moment later it was restored to its former glory. And the people did rejoice.  The citizens flooded into the streets and cheered at the winged figure hovering above them.   And then the angel spoke in a thunderous voice.  

ZEZENOV. TABOOTI You hath forsaken the Lord Pibbert and allowed the desecration of the holy city of Stettin.  You must leave this place and begin anew.  You are to build a new holy city better than the last, and this city shall be named Stuttgart.  Oh yes, yes we will, thank you! they cried while tears of joy poured down their faces.  And the three traveled very far away from Stettin, to another continent across a great sea, and founded the city of Stuttgart and made it into the great city it is today, with a grand cathedral dedicated to the Lord Pibbert.

Stuttgart on the live map ----> http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/-3796/64/-1921/-3/0/0 Extends as far as there are roads and red towers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And friends, here we are today.  The Cathedral in Lord Pibberts honor has been finished and around it is one of the largest and most extensive cities on the server.  We now seek to share the teachings of Pibbert with the masses and spread The Church Of Pibbert all across the great plains of Opticraft.

And we'll need your help to do it.  We ask that all aspiring folk out there join the church and help us build monastaries all across the world in their towns, cities and villages.  We also wish to distribute copies of The Histories of Pibbert The Great all over the world. We also of course seek donations to help us construct these monuments.  In addition to this, the great statues you see featured above require more gold blocks to finish them so that they might shine with the glory of Pibbert.

So, if you wish to join our church simply post here and we'll be in touch.  We'll get you properly outfitted and on your way to spreading the word of Pibbert all across Opticraft!

Template

Do you seek to be enlightened and spread the teachings of Pibbert all over Opticraft?
Would you be willing to construct a monastery/church where you live?
Are you interested in distributing The Histories of Pibbert?
Do you want to be a priest or simply a follower?

No applicants shall be denied.

Sermons will be held often in Stuttgart to explain things further and initiate the fresh converts.

Pibbert be praised!

A quick note - Obviously this is not a real religion and we're not trying to do anything what so ever with anything outside of minecraft, this is meant to be satirical, don't take it seriously.  This is just minecraft roleplay with an emphasis on getting some nice structures built

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:45:43 am by Zezenov »

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
Re: The Church Of Pibbert
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:41 am »
I cannot express the overwhelming pride, and joy of the foundation of the Church of Pibbert.
Now, we no longer have to be silent!
We shall spread The Histories of Pibbert, and enlighten this realm upon the sacrosanct teachings of his Lord, Pibbert.

I shall begin to work feverishly to teach his Lord, Pibbert's teachings, and most importantly following them!

May the Lord Pibbert bless, and have mercy upon us!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 05:36:55 pm by Hasan (Tabooti) »
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »
Right......
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:44:41 pm »
I didn't know we were a role playing server! Damn... all this time..

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 06:03:58 pm »
I didn't know we were a role playing server! Damn... all this time..

Our cities have always been RP, I mean... Stettin Radio was RP, so on and forth. But you should totally join in!
Post your application, and convert to the new faith!
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 06:13:17 pm »
Sorry, I'm part of the Order Of Creephos.... so yeah..

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »
Lord Pibbert has saved us from insanity and corruption for this alone I owe my life to him.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 08:47:33 pm »
Opticalza is the true Creator and Lord of all things in the Opticraft Universe. This is blasphemy! This is madness!

All heil Opticalza.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »
Opticalza is the true Creator and Lord of all things in the Opticraft Universe. This is blasphemy! This is madness!

All heil Opticalza.

My friend, You misunderstand the faith! Whereas Opticalza is the creator of Opticraft. Pibbert is the Lord of minecraft, He has opened our eyes, to the commandments, It's the way we should all behave towards one another.
The Church of Pibbert preaches peace, and a good conduct of construction.
Read the commandments brother, It's not blasphemy. Would a blasphemous faith preach to respect the Admins & Owners of the server? Never!

Thou shalt not build structures out of dirt.
Thou shalt not live in horrid wooden or cobblestone shacks
Thou shalt never grief the work of thy neighbor
Thou shalt not steal from the unclaimed property of thy neighbor
Thou shalt not scar the landscape by only partially cutting trees down
Thou shalt not lie to the Admins and Owner of the Server
Thou shalt not build on the land of thy neighbor without permission
Thou shalt not bear false witness to an incidence of grief
Thou shalt not abuse exploits in the fabric of the world
Above all, thou shalt not take the name of Pibbert in vain.

Open your eyes brother, and join us!
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 09:38:54 pm »
So answer me this. Is Notch supposed to be one of many avatars of Pibbert? According to Notch (aka Markuss Perrson), he is the Creator of Minecraft.

Or is Notch simply the Creator of Minecraft and Pibbert the Lord/Ruler of Minecraft?

Zezenov

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 09:58:49 pm »
Notch doesn't exist here

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 01:48:05 am »
FNVcourierjon
Do you seek to be enlightened and spread the teachings of Pibbert all over Opticraft? Yes!
Would you be willing to construct a monastery/church where you live? Yes :)
Are you interested in distributing The Histories of Pibbert? Yes, I really am!
Do you want to be a priest or simply a follower? A priest!

Zezenov

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 02:27:26 am »
FNVcourierjon
Do you seek to be enlightened and spread the teachings of Pibbert all over Opticraft? Yes!
Would you be willing to construct a monastery/church where you live? Yes :)
Are you interested in distributing The Histories of Pibbert? Yes, I really am!
Do you want to be a priest or simply a follower? A priest!

Wonderful! Welcome to The Church Of Pibbert!  I'll talk with you about building the monastery and such when we're both online

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 04:18:52 am »
Whereas I still want to be a soldier, I cannot and will not convert. I am a hardy believer in theoneism.

Edit: nice god pic from Monty python xD
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:23:21 am by theone7142 »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 04:43:35 am »
Whereas I still want to be a soldier, I cannot and will not convert. I am a hardy believer in theoneism.

Edit: nice god pic from Monty python xD
I knew that looked familiar xD