May 15, 2024, 01:20:30 am

Author Topic: [Drunz] iGroovy_x - Ban Appeal.  (Read 2082 times)

Groovy

• View Profile
[Drunz] iGroovy_x - Ban Appeal.
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:27:12 pm »
I got banned for apparently griefing '5' whole blocks and stealing a 'Anvil' (might be included in the 5 blocks, I'm not sure)

I don't remember griefing ANYTHING that will not grow back! Granted I have taken peoples Melon BLOCKS / Pumkin BLOCKS if they are grown and open since they will re grow and therefore no harm is done.

I haven't stolen anyone's Anvil on purpose, if I stole an Anvil it was a accident, I already had a Anvil in my house so why would I need to steal another one especially when I have $22000 so I could easily afford to buy the Iron from the Market and make my own.

ImBeast_x <--- That is another of my many accounts, I logged into this account to question the ban and tell the moderator who issued the ban that they could get anything that I have "Stolen" out of my chests at my /home iGroovy_x. But instead I was banned, which I fail to see why since I was only trying to correct the issue.

Drunz banned my ImBeast_x account when I clearly said in the chatbox - "Take an Anvil out of my chest at my /home" - Followed by "I'm logging out now, so don't worry". Then i got a ban, thanks!

Maybe the you could have just listened to what I had to say in-game rather than ban me and resolve the issue their and then rather than making me go via the forum for something as small as 5 blocks and/or a Anvil which I was offering to replace.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:40:19 pm by Groovy »

Drunz

• lolwut
  • Who can I yell at today?
    • View Profile
Re: iGroovy_x - Ban Appeal.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:43:26 pm »
I'll get back to this after I consult with peers. If you want pics of the anvil you destroyed I'll try to get them posted here.

With that said, I'm not sure how you " accidently ". Hold down your mouse and destroy an anvil.

EDIT: Also, thanks for changing you format for the ban appeal without being told.

Groovy

• View Profile
Re: [Drunz] iGroovy_x - Ban Appeal.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 11:50:11 pm »
I can list numerous ways people could accidently "steal" an Anvil:

1. After you have just logged in you may be positioned next to an Anvil and may question if it is yours or not?
2. You could easily think you have placed a block somewhere you didn't after loosing concentration from many ways:
          - Involved in chat conversation
          - Be talking to people in real life (distraction)
          - Be watching a video whilst playing (like I do regularly)
3. Using an efficiency V tool you could easily destroy an Object / Block on accident without realizing.

Do you not think this could have been resolved by just taking the item that I apparently stole from my chest since I told you in-game I have an Anvil in my chest at my /home which would therefore solved the issue. As for the other 4/5 blocks I griefed I have no idea how that happened, I'm not going to lie to you and say "Oh my Brother must have done it while I was out of the room", because honestly I don't know how it happened.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:07:54 am by Groovy »

Drunz

• lolwut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 12:20:26 am »
Ok, so if you want to turn this into a debate we can.

1. After you have just logged in you may be positioned next to an Anvil and may question if it is yours or not?

---Did you log into to someone else's home that you should not have been in? That was the location of the anvil.---

2. You could easily think you have placed a block somewhere you didn't after loosing concentration from many ways:
          - Involved in chat conversation
          - Be talking to people in real life (distraction)
          - Be watching a video whilst playing (like I do regularly)

---Now, I've never seen your name before, according to your forum profile, you joined in March, and you have 2 forum posts?, doesn't seem like you're too involved in the community to be carrying a conversation with someone. (Other then Igrantyy, your friend obviously), Not trying to be bias or anything being a lone wolf is fine and I have no idea who you talk to so don't take this the wrong way, but seeing as to Igranty knew you were banned instantly and was replying with things that you had said, means you communicate via 3rd party apps...(skype, steam,...etc). Relates to your video reason.---
---I can relate to talking to people in real life but thats also not a valid excuse for an accident, you should have noticed you were in the wrong area/heard the block breaking/picking the block up. (I play sound muted but I still notice when I pick things up, via keeping space in my bar open)---
---Third party programs are no excuse for griefing. I know its not meant to happen but it did.---

3. Using an efficiency V tool you could easily destroy an Object / Block on accident without realizing.

---Can you even verify that you own an efficiency V tool?--- Would have to be a pick because a shovel or axe wouldn't destroy an anvil quickly.---

This may seem like a rude/aggressive reply but you questioned me, i'll question you.

Also,
Do you not think this could have been resolved by just taking the item that I apparently stole from my chest since I told you in-game I have an Anvil in my chest at my /home which would therefore solved the issue.
, Don't you think making a ban appeal would have been more acceptable, and follow common sense better then logging onto an Alt account, ban evading, and bitching at me? Rightfully so or not, it was ban evading. Had you made an appeal and been reasonable, like you WERE being, I would have either shortened to 1 day OR completely removed it.

Simple.
As.
That.

Groovy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 11:54:03 am »
Did you log into to someone else's home that you should not have been in? That was the location of the anvil.

----- Who's house was it? I might have been invited? I might have been placing water their for them? I might have been buying something off them? -----

Now, I've never seen your name before, according to your forum profile, you joined in March, and you have 2 forum posts?, doesn't seem like you're too involved in the community to be carrying a conversation with someone. (Other then Igrantyy, your friend obviously), Not trying to be bias or anything being a lone wolf is fine and I have no idea who you talk to so don't take this the wrong way, but seeing as to Igranty knew you were banned instantly and was replying with things that you had said, means you communicate via 3rd party apps...(skype, steam,...etc). Relates to your video reason.
I can relate to talking to people in real life but thats also not a valid excuse for an accident, you should have noticed you were in the wrong area/heard the block breaking/picking the block up. (I play sound muted but I still notice when I pick things up, via keeping space in my bar open)
Third party programs are no excuse for griefing. I know its not meant to happen but it did.

----- Well like I've said, just take whatever I've "stolen" and give it back to whoever it belongs to? put it this way, type /home iGroovy_x and check the blocks their. I started making that house Thursday afternoon, and look at the effort that has been put into that as well as time. I was on almost ALL of Friday building that and its no where near finished. Do you really think I would spend that much time getting away from everyone on the server and building such a nice house to grief "5" blocks and/or a "Anvil" and get banned? Seriously?-----

Can you even verify that you own an efficiency V tool?--- Would have to be a pick because a shovel or axe wouldn't destroy an anvil quickly.

----- Yes, you can find out 2 ways.
1. use /invsee iGroovy_x - but I'm not sure if that works on people who aren't signed in.
2. unban me for 5 seconds and ill put it in a chest at my home which is protected then you can ban me if I dont re logout.

Either way you will see I have a Unbreaking III - Efficiency V - Silk Touch I Diamond Pickaxe and I also have a Efficiency V - Fortune III Diamond Pickaxe which iGrantyy_x has on his toolbar most likely since we share stuff.-----

This may seem like a rude/aggressive reply but you questioned me, i'll question you.

Also,
Do you not think this could have been resolved by just taking the item that I apparently stole from my chest since I told you in-game I have an Anvil in my chest at my /home which would therefore solved the issue.
, Don't you think making a ban appeal would have been more acceptable, and follow common sense better then logging onto an Alt account, ban evading, and bitching at me? Rightfully so or not, it was ban evading. Had you made an appeal and been reasonable, like you WERE being, I would have either shortened to 1 day OR completely removed it.

Simple.
As.
That.

----- Was it not for the correct reason? Look, I'm 19 and you think I decide to spend my spare time breaking other peoples stuff on Minecraft. I went onto that account to correct the issue instantly to save mine and your time. But look now we are arguing over "5" blocks and/or an "Anvil". Nuff' said. I didn't log back on and start griefing, I didn't log back on and start trash talking, I logged back in to try fix the issue. If you seriously think I logged in to grief I have a lot more than 2 accounts, and do you not think I would have just logged back in to break another 5 blocks and steal another anvil?  -----

----- And as for the "lone wolf" part, I have had absolutely no reason to post on the forums up until now. I registered to simply SUPPORT Opticraft. Also other moderators have seen me on in the past 2 days a lot since I have taken time out of recording my singleplayer Lets Play to play on the Opticraft server because I wanted a place to build where I wouldn't have to record everything I do and have to limit myself. -----

Drunz

• lolwut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »
Resolved.