April 28, 2024, 11:46:01 pm

Author Topic: Veteran Rank - It's been suggested but my idea of it is different  (Read 2587 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
So the idea behind veteran is players simply get the rank if they meet the following conditions:

1) They are trusted
2) Have been trusted for a year or more.

There would be no way for a player to get this rank unless they meet the above two things. Especially the one year or more part (or whatever time requirement would be to put in place).

This rank would offer no bonus perks except for a different colored name, and because only trusted members can get veteran then the rank would basically be trusted but with a different color name. The point of it is to just show who's been on the server for a long time (time requirement), and also very/somewhat active (trusted people don't get the rank by not being active).

I haven't seen anything like this suggestion. There has been this rank suggested before but for ex-moderators, or for trusteds to be promoted to in order to get a couple extra perks. Well, no. This rank offers nothing but recognition that a player is an old-timer on this server and was or is active enough to be trusted.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Veteran Rank - It's been suggested but my idea of it is different
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:50:40 am »
The server currently does not track the stats needed to make this a possibility.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:04:01 am »
The server currently does not track the stats needed to make this a possibility.
Right, but the forums do. How about if you've been a part of the forum community for 1½ years you get some sort of fancy badge saying 'veteran'?

---><--- Click the monkey

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 05:25:16 am »
I don't understand what pushed people towards wanting to be known for activity around here. You get a fancy title that says 'Veteran' to show off to people, but for how long? In a few days you won't be the center of attention anymore, and people will just see this rank as a showoff rank.

So to me, all this rank does is gives people an excuse to rub it into other peoples faces.
Be happy with Trusted people, this isn't the military where there's a rank for everything you do.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:34:57 am »
Ranks are not meant to be used for bragging rights-- that is what we want to prevent. Nobody is any better than the average guest.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 10:12:52 am »
If you want to say you are a vet put it in your sig or something no need for it to be a forum rank
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Pensfan121

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:02:34 pm »
I see no point in this rank. I is not needed and useless,