April 29, 2024, 01:42:56 am

Author Topic: Our own command/Bedrock?  (Read 5070 times)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
Our own command/Bedrock?
« on: November 01, 2012, 06:54:50 pm »
Okay, so I was thinking we could have our command to see player grief or block activity etc. Or we could have our own bedrock. I think it would be good and we could check to see if it was our friends.

I don't see why only mods can see what's been going on with our blocks.

Maybe /blockhistory? /bh

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Our own command/Bedrock?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:04:19 pm »
Kinda like /about on classic...I agree. We can do it on classic (I'm waiting for someone to tell me they are two different servers) so why not on SMP?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:07:27 pm »
Because people would use this as an excuse to grief others, "xxhackerxx griefed me! thats why I tore his town apart!!" There are moderators for a reason. Besides its a survival server, the less commands, the better

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:36:52 pm »
Why do we need members acting like moderators in the first place?

There are way too many people that want to act like some sort of 'police force,' when in reality all they're gonna do is slow us down. We don't need any additional and unwanted burdens clinging to our shoulders.

There are a few players that don't completely realize what the term 'moderation' truly means.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 10:38:26 pm »
Why do we need members acting like moderators in the first place?

There are way too many people that want to act like some sort of 'police force,' when in reality all they're gonna do is slow us down. We don't need any additional and unwanted burdens clinging to our shoulders.

There are a few players that don't completely realize what the term 'moderation' truly means.

Lol remember that topic about that dude who wanted to make a team to form the "Griefer Hunters" or something like Opticraft CIA? XD
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »
If they want to go out and hunt for griefed structures, more power to them, though it's safe to say that most of the calls for grief have been from the original builders and not by people calling us over for random griefs on someone else's house.

Supplementing them with semi-moderation abilities isn't a good idea.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:44:33 pm by Xeadin »

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 07:35:59 am »
Not like moderators, just seeing who did it.

Some moderators come in to my home, roll back the grief, I ask who did it but they just ignore me, that's why I want to know who's been messing with my house. Co-Owners might want to take down a build, are half way finished then the owner calls grief, and like I stated before, some of the mods don't tell me even if I ask them.

I think this could actually help rather than cause a problem, and if you want it only moderators to rollback set the command to trusted+

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 11:25:16 am »
Whenever I ask who griefed me they tell me, and for some reason they stay around the area of my grief, because it's my same farm that gets griefed.  For you, maybe they were already busy with something and had to rush out after helping you.  I don't think this should be implemented, even if they don't answer.

theacp127

• I'm trusted. Trust me. Opticraft does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 11:54:16 am »
As a survival server we don't need tons of commands. The want of more power to make the game easy is natural, but we need to remember that it isn't called survival for nothing.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 12:20:08 pm »
While it would be far more convenient to just do /about every time I wanna kno who built something, like I would on classic, and not have to pester a mod about it. (Not neccesarily grief, but general curiosity)

It's not particularly inconvenient to do "/helpop hey, who built this?"

and like crzy said, we don't need people going after griefers for revenge, thus causing more grief and getting two people banned instead of one.

unlike with classic, the mods on smp act as a buffer to keep u from doing /about, going to their /home, and raging your heart out.

I would love for everyone to be trustworthy enough to have this command,
but the high potential for grief as a result makes it a bad idea.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 01:15:17 pm »
Even if you got to see the block history yourself, it wouldn't help you very much since you can't fix it.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 03:25:06 am »
Why don't people just get protection stones and protect their area from being griefed? Then problem solved in the first place!

Best griefer name ^

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 01:43:17 pm »
Why don't people just get protection stones and protect their area from being griefed? Then problem solved in the first place!

exactly right my freind! buy a ps, dont get greifed. its that simple. (if u have a huge project and no money, make a project/city app)
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

theacp127

• I'm trusted. Trust me. Opticraft does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 03:02:02 am »
I've been on opticraft for about 5-/+ months now, and I have never been griefed. Just goes to show that protection stones do actually work. Plus this eliminates the need for normal players and trusteds to need an /blockhistory command.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 04:16:01 am »

exactly right my freind! buy a ps, dont get greifed. its that simple. (if u have a huge project and no money, make a project/city app)

Some people can't get that kind of money you know.