April 29, 2024, 06:15:15 am

Author Topic: City/Project Prtections-Greif Traps  (Read 3569 times)

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
City/Project Prtections-Greif Traps
« on: October 23, 2012, 07:57:33 pm »
I was reading the ban appeals and an idea occurred to me. Since cities are very commonly griefed, maybe make the cities with protections into grief traps also? That is, only if the grief traps can be disabled for certain people. The city mayor could control the grief trap settings, just like he/she controls the city protection. Of course, this would also apply for project protections. Looking at ban appeals, I see people being banned by all types of mod/ex mods grief traps. Though, I think the amount of blocks attempted to grief should be higher than like 10. Even ive been in a city, waiting for a sales man to come up from his basement or something, and I would just start breaking the block underneath me.  Maybe a sign like the one at opticals first house near the spawn saying “U will b bwand” alerting the smart players. I don’t think it would be smart to make it 5 blocks and ban, because many responsible bored players would be banned, which wouldn’t be fun.

Show your feedback!

Thanks for reading!

Mopar

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: City/Project Prtections-Greif Traps
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:30:45 pm »
City protection is meant to be for protecting cities, not for turning into grieftraps. We don't want the locations of the traps to be well-known-- the griefers (smart and dumb) will avoid that, which will make this idea not worth it in the long run.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 10:36:23 pm »
you should'nt resort to grieving, no matter how bored you are....
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »
City protection is meant to be for protecting cities, not for turning into grieftraps. We don't want the locations of the traps to be well-known-- the griefers (smart and dumb) will avoid that, which will make this idea not worth it in the long run.
Well all im saying is, it would help catch griefers.
you should'nt resort to grieving, no matter how bored you are....
I only do this is places that are protected, and only in one spot, so the block just comes back. Not like im "griefing" all over the place. I see dewey flying around just swinging at blocks in spawn all the time, just being bored. My ingame friends do it all the time too. Heck, i think i remember seeing you do it Loaf, so its not like its bad.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 10:48:26 pm »
since you both neglected to mention it, city/project protection stops anyone that isn't explicitly allowed on the region from destroying/building anything so since they can't build/destroy they couldn't even grief these grief traps thus making it pointless to have them.

unless of course you're giving untrustworthy people in mass the ability to build in your city/project in which case you were just asking for trouble.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:57:58 am »
I proposed this idea to either Nick or relkeb via mumble before city protection was a thing about this and they said it would be no more effective than zoning an area.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 11:08:14 pm »
me like, even though i dont have a city protection (yet)
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 09:09:36 pm »
If you make your city a grief trap, you would be banned for griefing your own city numerous times.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 09:17:45 pm »
I proposed this idea to either Nick or relkeb via mumble before city protection was a thing about this and they said it would be no more effective than zoning an area.

I'd say this is sufficient enough to say that this won't be implemented.