May 14, 2024, 05:16:59 am

Author Topic: the Simpsons Power Plant  (Read 21672 times)

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
the Simpsons Power Plant
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:45:39 am »
Coming soon to an SMP World near you,
the Simpsons Power Plant!!
Live Map Link

Instead of the 'Springfield' sign, I made it say 'Opticraft'.

I am building the Simpsons Power Plant right next to the Planet Express build by Sircy to help power the delivery companies large warehouse. No idea on expected completion dates and not really looking for a lot in help, just letting people know what's going on. If you have any spare wool (particularly dark gray) or smooth stone, it's certainly useful! Protection application will go in once the first cooling tower is complete.

Items Needed:
Items will be removed from list when no longer needed, and there may be more added to the list as they're discovered.
-Gray Wool
-Soulsand
-Purple Wool
-Sandstone
-Netherrack
-Red Wool
-Glass Panes - Glass, or Sand
-Smooth Stone
-Smooth Stone Slab
-Light Blue Wool
-Black Wool
-White Wool
-Cyan Wool
-Iron Bars
-Iron Doors
-Birch Wood
-Dark Wood

September 22 Update: Project Protection Application completed after the completion of the first tower.

September 23 Update: Below is a picture that I've been using for creative reference in the build. The circled and X'd buildings are the ones that are done, or next to done. I will update this photo as time passes.

(click to show/hide)

September 30 Update: YAY!!! Thanks to my wonderful husband I have finished one of the purple structures, AND the fencing around the lot is done. I only need enough iron for the lamp posts all around now and I will be done with my iron needs!!! w00t w00t.

September 1st Update: Okay so lots of purple getting done, last Cyan building is complete, AAAND the entire outer fencing is done, lamp posts and all!!!

October 03 Update: Almost everything is complete. Just need to do the ground/pavement, the power lines/towers, and the 2nd cooling tower and all is complete. You'll notice that the item-need list has been reduced to all of three items. Thanks to those of you who have helped thus far it's been an amazing project. Potential for other Simpson builds to go on the same site as the Power Plant.

October 05 Update: Project Protection granted today - Thank you Nyssa!! Cobble outline around the property now gone since I have the protection to stop people from encroaching on my property. I've started work on the 2nd cooling tower. The project is going great!

October 11 Update: Thanks to Morrison1996, and Codepmman I have designed and built the drunken clam from Family Guy within my protection. I have also put up the Simpsons church with help from Interbane. So thank you guys!!! It's really cool to have these structures within the build. See pictures below.

The Church
(click to show/hide)

The Drunken Clam - yes the sign outside does flash thanks to Codepmman!
(click to show/hide)

October 17 Update: I have completed the 2nd cooling tower!!! All that's left for the outside structure is the pavement and the power lines!! We are well on our way to completion keep that gray wool coming!!!

October 18 Update:
FINALLY DONE!!!! Everything except the pavement. The powerlines, the cooling towers... it's all done!!! EEEP!!! Now I just gotta move my chests and such to a less noticeable location. The chests at /home ecorrigall powerplant are still available for gray wool donations. Thank you!

November 14 Update: Finished the pavement! Yay, now time for the interior of the plant as well as other builds. Currently working on the Simpsons house and using a LOT of birch wood and dark wood. Chests are still available at /home ecorrigall powerplant for those who wish to help out and donate. Thanks for all the wonderful support through this project.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:17:38 pm by ecorrigall »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: the Simpsons Power Plant
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37:11 am »
Grief to that is gonna suck big time. I'll see if I can provide some things for it :)
Good luck!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:40:31 am »
I have some stacks of smooth stone.  Cora, go to /home FNVcourierjon and open the two doors in front of you and open the double chest to the right.  Pick up one or two stacks of smooth stone  ;D

DeweyMeister

• Just chillin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:31 am »
Looks really good so far :) good luck with it. It seem enormous and ill pop over to give some stone.

Dewey :)

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 01:30:11 pm »
U mods never seize to amaze me
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 03:55:54 pm »
Hahaha wow!! Thanks everyone... And I'd be doing this build with/without moderator rank - that's just my own personal building obsession taking over!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:34:34 pm »
When you need PS, who you gonna call?

Whoever answers this correctly I will give 100$
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:40 pm »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 11:54:12 pm »

I'll give you credit, since you figured out who to call for GhostoftheBlock, but actually it's Kascas :P
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:42:28 am »
Do you plan on making the offices, parking lot, surrounding homes at all or just the cooling towers?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 03:11:22 am »
I can donate some Stone aswell :D

LordoftheBlock

• All your block are belong to me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 04:21:33 am »

I'll give you credit, since you figured out who to call for GhostoftheBlock, but actually it's Kascas :P

Pfffffffft, who's this Ghost guy you talking about?   ........ >:D

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 07:34:33 am »

Pfffffffft, who's this Ghost guy you talking about?   ........ >:D
He's talking about you. XD
Anyway good buildings Cora, good luck on the rest...;)

Scotty602AB

• Blitz Banner
  • The Ban Hammer has spoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:41 am »
dont forget, its also gonna power my stadium  ;)

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 10:27:21 am »
Yes I'm doing all the things on the power plant lot - just the coolant towers would be lame, especially with the size of land I have claimed.

(click to show/hide)