June 16, 2024, 10:48:26 am

Author Topic: [ecorrigall] Jefferymonfort Ban appeal  (Read 4193 times)

Shawn Russell

• View Profile
[ecorrigall] Jefferymonfort Ban appeal
« on: September 05, 2012, 12:07:54 am »
It says I griefed 300 blocks of cookiemaster9's blocks, I dont know what they are talking about, can you please post a screen shot so I can see what they are talking about? I bought a house in the last week and tore it down for materials and pstone, but it wasnt cookemasters house. The guy I paid picked up and gave me the pstone so I know it was his. I would never grief someones house, much less 300 blocks! OMG! I have spent money on this server, I would not risk being banned for griefing someone elses hard work. Please post a screen shot so I can tyr and figure this out. Thanks, Shawn
My MC name is JefferymonfortThe link to me being banned is http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=jefferymonfort
Thanks again, Shawn
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:13:11 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
Re: [ecorrigall] Jefferymonfort Ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:04:56 pm »
126+149 = 275 (I said nearly 300)
I was only able to reverse 132+46 = 178
So for kindness sake lets say nearly 200 instead. Auto ban does 7 days for 5 blocks. By that logic there would be a ban of 249.2 days, I think 5 days is fair unless you can explain this. Keep in mind that it is a rule that you are responsible for your own account. If it gets hacked and used to grief, you suffer the consequence.

(click to show/hide)

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »
Aaand just after replying to your ban appeal I found this on MY build. No sympathy here - I say wait the 5 days.

(click to show/hide)

Shawn Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 07:09:55 am »
OK, now Im extremely confused. I have been banned for getting sand out of the desert? I didnt take it from someones property, it is in the middle of the desert. There is no house there, the picture shows that. In fact I dont think I have ever seen someone with a sand house on Opticraft period! Now if I took 200 blocks of sand out of the UNPROTECTED desert, how is that griefing? Another thing, I saw on 1 picture Cookie called me a griefer, "that I griefed him a long time ago" Ive been on the server a month and all I know about cookie is he and harrysoulheart have been breaking stuff at my store for the past week. I wrote down the coords, and if there isnt a house at those coords, and it is just desert, I wont be donating any more money to this server. I can take my money elsewhere. You can bet I will be investigating this further. This is nonosense, Ive never griefed anyones house. I suppose we need to ask the mods if we can get sand out of the desert from here on out... Ridiculous!

Shawn Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 07:30:27 am »
 ???
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:59:13 am by Shawn Russell »

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 10:41:39 am »
You can't see it but behind me in the picture is house hold items. When I reversed the grief the sand actually made a path or something where this guy had set things up. Aaaand how do you explain griefing my project? I was beyond insulted to feel bad for you and then come and find that you had also griefed me. I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are, but the evidence is clear as day. The sand was not from the middle of the dessert but right around cookie's stuff, where he had paths going on, furnace/crafting table etc. down, and was not pleased to find these big holes. As mods we don't aim to be mean or condescending. We're here to help players fix their grief and teach the griefers that it will not be tolerated. I hope you will return to Opti and be a little more careful about how close to other players stuff you choose to dig. I will lower the ban to three days. Next time try and be nicer about things please. Remember when moderators go to a situation they only have one half of the story.

Shawn Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 05:52:52 pm »
Thank you for lowering the ban, the only thing I can possibly think of is I was digging under his property and sand fell, I dont know how close I am to the surface until I hit the light or see sand stone and still when I grab sand stone idk if someones house is above where I am digging or not. I did look on live map and I did use cobble to get to the top of that structure that is yours, it looked to me like someone had mined all of the dirt off top of a mountain, I didnt know until I got to the top that there was no mountain on the otherside. I didnt do it to be malicious, once I saw it was a circle and obviously made by a player, I left. Again thanks, Shawn