May 05, 2024, 09:54:08 pm

Author Topic: Unable to speak ("No one can hear you" Error) [Solved]  (Read 1417 times)

Psiiche

• Opticraft's Resident Angel
    • View Profile
Unable to speak ("No one can hear you" Error) [Solved]
« on: August 27, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »
Hello. It's been some time since I've been on the server (probably since like 1.2.? I'm not sure) because of some moving and irl things going on. I used to be a member here and be able to speak in the chat in-game but now I only see the "No one can hear you" error. When they added a new patch to the game did they add in channels or something? Am I simply not in the right channel to speak? Or have my speaking privileges been taken because of my absence? Just now when I tried to login as well, my password did not work and I had to reset it and create a new one. If there has been any forum or game activity under my username recently I truly apologize, and I have reacquired my forum account.

When others speak I see [G] and [T] beside their name, but beside mine I see an [L].

EDIT: Solved, thanks!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:28:49 pm by Psiiche »

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to speak ("No one can hear you" Error)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:50:05 pm »
If you look at the chat we send helpful tips that usually go unnoticed, the tip that would help you it "Type /ch g to chat in Global" Basically you start in the local channel so only people around you can hear you.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »
Did someone not read the signs at spawn???  :P

Psiiche

• Opticraft's Resident Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:28:20 pm »
@ 2crzy - Yes, I had stopped to look at the tips in chat for a few minutes before I posted this and all I saw were the old ones that mention voting on the site here and the Mumble info. I must've missed the channels one, thanks!

@ arsenic_shark: When I login I am at my house, not spawn :P and I was unaware the spawn signs had changed since I last saw them months ago.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:29:56 pm by Psiiche »

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
Re: Unable to speak ("No one can hear you" Error) [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 07:44:03 pm »
Ok, :P

Yeah some of the older players never notice change once they come back

Anyway