May 18, 2024, 12:55:44 am

Author Topic: RIP Neil Armstong  (Read 4757 times)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
RIP Neil Armstong
« on: August 26, 2012, 08:29:07 am »
Neil Armstrong, the first person to walk on the moon, has passed away yesterday, on the 25th of August.
RIP Armstong.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Neil Armstong
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 09:37:21 am »
When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" statement but followed it by several remarks, usual communication traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Just before he re-entered the lander, however, he made this remark "Good luck Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995 in Tampa Bay FL, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

When he was a kid, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball, which landed in the front of his neighbor's bedroom windows. His neighbors were Mr. & Mrs. Gorsky.

As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs.Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky. "Blowjob! You want a Blowjob?! You'll get a blowjob when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

True story.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:44:46 pm »
When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" statement but followed it by several remarks, usual communication traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Just before he re-entered the lander, however, he made this remark "Good luck Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995 in Tampa Bay FL, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

When he was a kid, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball, which landed in the front of his neighbor's bedroom windows. His neighbors were Mr. & Mrs. Gorsky.

As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs.Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky. "Blowjob! You want a Blowjob?! You'll get a blowjob when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

True story.

LOL. Nice!

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 03:11:00 pm »
Sad he never saw humans on mars

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:10:42 pm »
That flag you made is amazing.

---><--- Click the monkey

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 07:15:28 pm »
I dont think he made it, I found that pic floating around on Reddit.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 07:17:26 pm »
R.I.P. Neil. Is it sad that when i was a little kid i used to think you were related to Louis Armstrong or Lance Armstrong?

Either way...all 3 of the Armstrongs are legends in their own right...

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 07:19:23 pm »
R.I.P Neil Armstrong!!

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 07:22:05 pm »

Zz3P1CzZ

• Zz3P1CzZ isn't epic, he's 3P1C!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 07:23:28 pm »
He will be missed  :-[
IGN: Zz3P1CzZ

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 07:23:43 pm »
I dont think he made it, I found that pic floating around on Reddit.
I actually found it on Imgur, I just added it to the topic out of relevancy to minecraft :)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 07:24:10 pm »

jessica palmer's tweet was the best lol.

turtleman918

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 07:31:33 pm »
RIP So sad. ;_;

True story.
Congrats Mr. Gorsky, Lmao

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 12:09:31 am »
Wait...he died? :(

I always was interested in space travel and such...he will be missed.

Rest in Peace Neil Armstrong, first man to walk on the moon.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.