May 16, 2024, 10:13:14 am

Author Topic: Starting off  (Read 2713 times)

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Starting off
« on: August 20, 2012, 08:38:26 pm »
So im considering buying full minecraft pretty soon and i figured why not play on the smp server being as the classic one has sucked up my time. I have been playing cracked minecraft for 9 months or somethin now so im not new to the game, however from what i've seen on the forums smp seems pretty confusing xD

Anyway I would be much abliged if some smp peeps posted some helpful tips and such for getting started on smp. I have no idea when im buying the game so just write it all out on here (vs. showin me around ingame). Here are some questions I have:

1) how does the whole ""economy"" work
2) How hard is it to get mod (how many hours)
3) since im an op am i automatically trusted?
4) How much space is left in the member world?
5) do mods get /tp
6) how many griefers do you get on average?
7) is there an irc channel
8 ) Why arent there any building ranks?
Thats all i got for now, thanks!

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Starting off
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »
1 - http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,SMPInfo.html Most the stuff you need will be there, or at the member world spawn.
2 - It helps if you know the ropes of smp first
3 - Not automatically, we do trust *most* classic ops so we manually promote them :P
4 - Lots
5 - Yes
6 - Not many in the member world
7 - Yes, #opticraft-smp but it isn't linked to the server at the moment
8 - Because this isn't a creative build server!

The SMP info page also contains information about the SMP ranks, the market (economy), protection stones, door protections, voting, donating, chat channels and the basic commands.
The best way to start making money from scratch is to mine ores, smelt them and sell them to the market.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:53:38 pm by Tobs »

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:52:58 pm »
SMP on the server is a lot of fun :)

1. There is a market. You can exchange goods and credits with each other or with the server's market. To access the market use /warp market. As a trading method you have credit balance. To see how much money you have, type /balance <name>. To view the richest players on the server, type /balancetop.

2. It's never a question how many hours, it's a question on how qualified you are to moderating.

3. Probably, but then again we do have a few ops who aren't trusted. Most importantly, do not ask for trusted.

4. Enough

5. Yes, all of the staff members have /tp. Non-staff members can donate to have /tpa (it's like /tp but it request teleportation. The target can deny your request)

6. A few times per day, you can check it up at the ban log if you wish.

7. We don't have, but most players use Mumble to communicate.

8. This isn't a build server

I hope that answers all of your questions :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:55:00 pm by raul7legend »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »
Thanks guys! That answered all of my questions  :D

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 10:31:44 pm »
If you are confused about SMP, it's just a survival server. You survive. You have to get food, resources, etc by yourself. Also, you don't get trusted but considering you are a classic op it takes a LOT less time, maybe 2 weeks, and you may get moderator first try. Rankups are just a million times easier. You may still build if you want, you just need the actual resources and you can't fly or anything like that, it's just way harder to build.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:52:57 pm »
If you are confused about SMP, it's just a survival server. You survive. You have to get food, resources, etc by yourself. Also, you don't get trusted but considering you are a classic op it takes a LOT less time, maybe 2 weeks, and you may get moderator first try. Rankups are just a million times easier. You may still build if you want, you just need the actual resources and you can't fly or anything like that, it's just way harder to build.
jeez louis two weeks!?

Also I dont plan on building much, I may start a town. I have a few ideas, ill probably start a topic about when i get settled and have some matt damonds/other resources.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:55:59 pm by gavin1928374655 »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:55:12 pm »
If you wanna keep complaining, it took me three months...even without any bans.

It may be shorter than that even, don't worry. Honestly you probably might get it in one day, considering your popularity as an operator. Even I knew you and I don't play classic XD
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 11:40:33 pm »
I tried to buy minecraft but it wouldn't let me...some security error bs......

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:00:19 am »
Ya it is defiantly worth buying I looked on my stats and I spent about 14 days playing, mostly on opticraft. Smp also has a really nice community. Don't worry about getting confused you get used to commands.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 12:27:40 am »
hmm well that suck, what error was it?

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 12:42:24 am »
1) how does the whole ""economy"" work: First off, you start off with about 100-200 dollars, which can be used to buy resources(I suggest buying melons, as they can reproduce as much), and once you've got a good money getting system up, you can buy resources, or find them in the wild.

2) How hard is it to get mod (how many hours)Erm, it may take quite a while, as you wait two weeks for applying for moderator.

3) since im an op am i automatically trusted? You may get it in maybe the first few hours, but it might take a week or so. Also, you get to collect water as trusted.

4) How much space is left in the member world? There is plenty left, but most parts of the map is going to be extending at the border.

5) do mods get /tp: indeed sir.

6) how many griefers do you get on average?Hmm, a few months into the server, there were alot there, but now we get about maybe 3-4 average a day.

7) is there an irc channel: No Sir, but there's mumble, as you can communicate freely, and if you have a mic, then you can talk irl.

8 ) Why arent there any building ranks?: You sir, are addicted to classic. XD Aaaanyways, there are no build ranks. But there are top voter ranks, where they can get free donation rewards, going from $10, $20, and $30.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:46:15 am by CazualxGrenade »
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 12:42:44 am »
hmm well that suck, what error was it?
Some major error that happens sometimes with visa, ill have to get my dad or mom to get a paypal account and buy it then :/

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 01:02:04 am »

6) how many griefers do you get on average?Hmm, a few months into the server, there were alot there, but now we get about maybe 3-4 average a day.

Haha, not even close, WAY more than that. The anti grief alone goes off about every 3-5 minutes.