April 19, 2024, 07:10:40 pm

Author Topic: Removing the new plugin.  (Read 9293 times)

Lema

• View Profile
Removing the new plugin.
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »
Hi guys it is Radlam here.
Many people on chat have complained about the new plugin wiping out their sheeps,cows,pigs,chickens and mostly npc's. I myself lost 6 npc's due to the new plugin when my 6 npc's were in a 22x11 area. I think (and many other people too) thought that it would be fair if this new plugin only affected hostile mobs and that instead of having 4 mobs in a 2x2 area we could have 10 (or a bit less) in a 2x2 area. This I know has affected many players and many of my friends have suffered major losses of losing npc's (which they have payed for) and many other kind of animals. People can not repopulate their npc's usually as they are left with usually one or none and can not get anymore as many people have stopped selling their npc's due to the plugin. I do understand why you added this new plugin as many people were hoarding mobs but people have just lost too much due to this plugin and it has affected them majorly. Many people agreed with me (and some people made me) to write this post so it is not posted without support. I hope you will think about this before rejecting this straight away or giving it bad comments. Just think about it. Imagine how much you have made people lose. Please consider this suggestion.
Radlam (and many other people to).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:26:49 pm by Lema »

Larkosaurus

• View Profile
Re: Removing the new plugin.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:16:01 pm »
I agree, all my NPC's were killed except for one and I had them in a pretty spacious area and were killing some off every so often in case of the plugin. I can't control them when I'm offline though so when I logged on later the plugin had struck...

manlikezebraman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:19:23 pm »
This is the best idea ever I hope many people feel the way I do to this because this would help me^ because I had a sheep farm and the all disappeared...

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 05:34:04 pm »
The same thing has happened with my NPC's...

But what I did find interesting is that there was a huge horde of zombies swarming someone's building full of NPC's, and there were so many of them packed together, yet the plugin did not kill them. I think that the plugin should only affect hostile mobs.

Here is a screen shot of all the zombies:

(click to show/hide)

-It works now. :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:42:20 pm by arsenic_shark »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »
Really for this idea, Alot of people has lost their villagers, or have only one left, Farms have become empty etc because of this plugin. :/

zan4

• HTML <p> i am //epicness </p>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 05:46:27 pm »
i think so as well for people who are (or, were) self dependant with big farms, would just go poof! like my chicken population cut in half. :-\

Sir_Toby_7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 05:49:59 pm »
I was wondering why my chickens kept disappearing...

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:51:05 pm »
We will look into this because the plugin is written to only kill all but 4 mobs in a 2x2 area, so people who have lost all of their npcs technically could not have lost them to this plugin. The reason we do not only do hostle mobs is because these npc farms are very taxing on the server. Before this plugin was put into place me and opti went around and were amazed at the ridiculous amounts of villagers people had, not to mention the gigantic chicken farms people have. We needed to put a stop to it. It is possible something else is effecting this, so like I said, we will look into it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:53:25 pm »
Thank you nick for looking into it.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »
i'll give you guys a quick rundown on the types of throttling the plugin does so you can report if it's not working correctly.

this is the configured parameter:
- there shall be no more than 6 mobs of a specific type in a 4x4x2 radius of any other mob of that same type.

type 1: denies mobs from spawning entirely.
- if a villager or cow or anything (including spawn eggs) attempts to spawn a new mob, it will be denied if there are more than 6 mobs of the same type in a 4x4x2 radius

type 2: throttle mobs on chunk load
- when a chunk is loaded (for example, when a player first enters the chunk) every mob type will be checked. if there are more than 6 mobs of any type in a 4x4x2 radius, all of the mobs of that type in that radius will be killed. - notice the bold. i believe this to be an unintended bug, and have just now corrected it.

type 3: throttle mobs from mob spawners.
- when a mob is spawned from a mob spawner, it is kept track of. if a mob spawned by a mob spawner has been alive for more than 180 seconds, it is killed.

hopefully most of the problems you guys are seeing is from the unintended bug.

please report it here if you see any behavior that does not match the process that i've outlined here.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »
I believe the problem my lie with the night time.

At night all villagers try to get into a house, but as they don't have the best AI's a large portion try to get into the same room. This causes say 20 villagers in a 5x5x3 area. So when the player teleports to their village the villagers get throttled.

This could cause the deaths of lots of villagers but Im not sure.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »
some screenshot visualization:

severely overcrowded cow pen:
(click to show/hide)

after bug fixed mob throttling (throttle type 2):
(click to show/hide)

no point in posting the "before bug fixed" mob throttling - there are no cows left, lol.

as you can see, the bug-fixed throttling is pretty reasonable.

@ arsenic shark- yeah, if the villagers crowd themselves into one room, then they'll all die currently. i've hopefully fixed that, so it will be less apparent, but good to know.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 07:57:20 pm »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

no point in posting the "before bug fixed" mob throttling - there are no cows left, lol.

@ arsenic shark- yeah, if the villagers crowd themselves into one room, then they'll all die currently. i've hopefully fixed that, so it will be less apparent, but good to know.

was that chunk only loaded once?

i'm just curious if multiple loads is gonna dwindle away my herds of sheep.

for example all of my farms reside below my castle, which is my /home and main way of getting around, so every time i do /home are more and more of my sheep gonna vanish until they just happen to not be huddled in a corner/there's only 4 left?

the sheep aren't particularly smart and it took me quite a while to get enough of every color for it to be efficient, the pens are a decent size, yet all the sheep still prefer to be huddled in the corner, unfortunately it would take quite a while to farm enough wool for lets say a dragon in the sky off of 4 sheep

so what would be the affects of this "multiple loading" situation?
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 08:04:07 pm »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

was that chunk only loaded once?

i'm just curious if multiple loads is gonna dwindle away my herds of sheep.

for example all of my farms reside below my castle, which is my /home and main way of getting around, so every time i do /home are more and more of my sheep gonna vanish until they just happen to not be huddled in a corner/there's only 4 left?

the sheep aren't particularly smart and it took me quite a while to get enough of every color for it to be efficient, the pens are a decent size, yet all the sheep still prefer to be huddled in the corner, unfortunately it would take quite a while to farm enough wool for lets say a dragon in the sky off of 4 sheep

so what would be the affects of this "multiple loading" situation?

it just repeats the exact same process i described as throttle type 2:

type 2: throttle mobs on chunk load
- when a chunk is loaded (for example, when a player first enters the chunk) every mob type will be checked. if there are more than 6 mobs of any type in a 4x4x2 radius of any other mob, [the excess mobs will be killed]

if a chunk is loaded once and you lose a bunch of sheep, if the process were to repeat itself immediately afterward for some reason, you would lose no additional sheep.

if you want more sheep to survive the slaughter, you must give them a larger area to graze so they group up less. giving mobs more space is pretty much the whole point of the plugin.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 08:04:55 pm »
I personally like the plugin, my villagers roam freely so I haven't seen a drop in numbers, and yesterday I seen 4 slimes. Thats more than I've seen in 2 months lol