April 29, 2024, 03:53:01 am

Author Topic: Donation Package - Backpack Expander  (Read 5026 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Donation Package - Backpack Expander
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:28:50 pm »
So I found a plugin that allows for players to expand their backpack for up too 9 pages!

Basically your inventory holds 36 items in total. This plugin adds up to 8 more pages of inventories (in other words if the player has all 9 inventories then that's 9 X 36 items). This can be customized so different people can have different numbers of additional inventories.

Price: $5 per extra inventory page.
Package can be bought up to 8 times (for a total of 9 pages because everyone starts with their first single page).

So basically to switch between inventory pages one simply presses shift to sneak, and scrolls the mouse wheel. Meanwhile scrolling while not sneaking will simply switch between items in the inventory like it currently does.

Here is the link to the plugin: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-backpack-v2-2-0-the-ultimate-inventory-expander-953.6029/

Best griefer name ^

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Donation Package - Backpack Expander
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:00:17 am »
I'm not too sure how Optical would feel about editing the server this much for a donation.
All the current donations don't actually change much about the game, but having extra inventory space may be a little too much. Just my opinion though.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:24 am »
That plugin looks confusing to be quite honest and I think I've seen a plugin that does a better job.
It doesn't display any information on what page you are on which would be difficult for users to locate their items.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 03:31:56 pm »
Well this plugin is simpler than it may sound. When you use your scroll wheel on your mouse, or press a number on the keyboard to select item 1-9 it selects that item. Then if you do the exact same thing, but while sneaking (pressing shift) this plugin steps in and changes the inventory page. I would think this plugin would allow for more than scrolling. So if you press Shift+1 you go to inventory page 1. If you press Shift+2 you go to inventory page 2. If you press 2 you select item 2 in your currently selected page.

Best griefer name ^

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 05:58:06 pm »
Why would you need an extra backpack?  How hard is it to run to your home when you need to empty your backpack?  Especially now that you can get 5 homes!  What's that, the /back command doesn't work?  Use your 5th house as a "save point" when you're out running around so you can constantly get back to where you were.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »
This isn't about me wanting to make the game easier for me. Even with the homes and all, there are probably some people who would like to have the additional spaces.

The big thing about this is this would not be a free feature. Everyone of course has their first backpack which they must have in-game. The point of the idea is to raise money for the server when players who want more backpack space donate money (say 5 bucks per extra backpack) to the server. Plus a player could pay 40 bucks for 8 additional backpacks which is good money for the server.

Best griefer name ^

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:55:28 am »
The point of the idea is to raise money for the server when players who want more backpack space donate money (say 5 bucks per extra backpack) to the server. Plus a player could pay 40 bucks for 8 additional backpacks which is good money for the server.

The server isn't here to establish its financial benefits, it's a community/server for you guys to enjoy.

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 06:03:32 am »
Why would you need an extra backpack?  How hard is it to run to your home when you need to empty your backpack?  Especially now that you can get 5 homes!  What's that, the /back command doesn't work?  Use your 5th house as a "save point" when you're out running around so you can constantly get back to where you were.
/return works too.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:32:36 am »
The point of the idea is to raise money for the server when players who want more backpack space donate money (say 5 bucks per extra backpack) to the server. Plus a player could pay 40 bucks for 8 additional backpacks which is good money for the server.

The server isn't here to establish its financial benefits, it's a community/server for you guys to enjoy.

Did you look at the dates on these xeadin???

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 06:46:33 am »
Did you look at the dates on these xeadin???

Yes, I have realized since before I even posted. It's a suggestion that's still open for discussion, which is why it's in the Suggestions Portal, so that people don't start a suggestion that mirrored what another suggestion was already about.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:02 am »
This is, in my opinion, quite a good idea, but I think it should be limited to buying 1 more page, for $5-10. Otherwise, it gets a bit overpowered.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 03:20:01 pm »

Holy Mother of Necropost.

But honestly, if this gets implemented I would definitely get it.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 09:00:07 pm »
Dosent seem very needed, it's okay, but only AMAZING!!!!!! Ideas really get implemented, speaking of which what where some suggestions that got implemented
+ NECRO!!!!!!
About posts, how do you even post a post?

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 09:07:59 pm »
Ok with this idea, the point isn't to make Opti rich. The point is to have a cool feature that can be donated for. What can the additional funds from donations do? They can be set aside for those off-months when the server may get an unusually low amount of donation money so Optical doesn't have to pay out of pocket, or they could be used to even get a better server to support more than 85 players without lagging down below 12 ticks per second.

Best griefer name ^