April 29, 2024, 02:07:02 am

Author Topic: Spawn Eggs donation.  (Read 27389 times)

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Spawn Eggs donation.
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:14:05 am »
I think it would be nice to have spawn eggs for a donation package. It could be $5 for 2 eggs. This would solve the issue with people complaining that they want animals spawned, just tell them to donate! This would probably be very popular and allow for more upgrades to the server! I hope that people like this idea and it happens! Also, if this goes through, please dont have aggressive mob eggs. Thanks!

~Chip
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:00:23 pm by Chipaton »

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn Eggs donation.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:37:09 am »
$5 for 2 eggs seems a little steep, assuming you mean just normal animals (pigs, sheep, cow, chicken)?

This is something that would be easy to implement, so let me know if anyone would be interested and in what they would pay etc :)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:01:11 am »
$5 for 2 eggs does seem expensive, if I were to buy spawn eggs, I'd spend $5 for 8. The reason why I'd pay $5 for 8 is because someone might kill all of your animals again and I would like backups and not have to spend $5 every single time they get killed.
A deal package that would be nice to have is every mob egg (sheep, cow, pig, wolf, mushroom cow) would be $10 for 4 of each egg.

There is no chicken in there because you can just buy eggs from the market and throw them.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:04:06 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 08:08:39 am »
I was gonna say this is a great idea, but didn't know what anyone else would think of it. But I guess since Optical himself thinks it's good, here's my input. :)

Agreed, only pig, chicken, cow, and sheep eggs should be available.
When people want to donate for spawn eggs, they need to be given a fair amount, since it's real money we're talking here. A good idea could be like the in-game money donation 'the more you buy, the less you pay' kinda thing. Possible prices?:
20 eggs - $5
40 eggs - $10
60 eggs - $15

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:10:48 am by xDeeKay »

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:16:42 am »
Mooooo shrooms  ocelots  wolves

These are what ppl want =3
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 11:43:31 am »
$5 for 2 eggs does seem expensive, if I were to buy spawn eggs, I'd spend $5 for 8. The reason why I'd pay $5 for 8 is because someone might kill all of your animals again and I would like backups and not have to spend $5 every single time they get killed.
A deal package that would be nice to have is every mob egg (sheep, cow, pig, wolf, mushroom cow) would be $10 for 4 of each egg.

There is no chicken in there because you can just buy eggs from the market and throw them.

Sounds good - I do quite like this idea.

Keep the suggestions on pricing / quantity coming :)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 11:56:28 am »

INDIVIDUAL TYPES
    $ 2.50 FOR 8 pig/cow/sheep--(most common)
    $ 3.00 FOR 8 moooooooshrooms--(red and rare)
    $ 4.00 FOR 8 wolves/ocelot-- utility mob (scare creeper/kill mobs)

FARMER PACKAGE
     $7.00 2cows2pigs2sheeps4mooshrooms
   ADVENTURER PACKAGE
     $6.00 5wolves5ocelots

By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »
Just saying, I'd put the amount of eggs to purchace right up in the 20's - 60's (like in my post)
Only because if someone were to donate for them, they'd probably want a good amount of them, and things like $2.50 for them just doesn't seem right.

If the amount of eggs are higher, you'll find people will probably not look at the prices too much "OMG! 60 spawn eggs!" [clicks buy]

Just my opinion.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 01:13:01 pm »
Just saying, I'd put the amount of eggs to purchace right up in the 20's - 60's (like in my post)
Only because if someone were to donate for them, they'd probably want a good amount of them, and things like $2.50 for them just doesn't seem right.

If the amount of eggs are higher, you'll find people will probably not look at the prices too much "OMG! 60 spawn eggs!" [clicks buy]

Just my opinion.

What kind of price range?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 01:30:09 pm »

Just my opinion.

What kind of price range?

From my first post here:
When people want to donate for spawn eggs, they need to be given a fair amount, since it's real money we're talking here. A good idea could be like the in-game money donation 'the more you buy, the less you pay' kinda thing. Possible prices?:
20 eggs - $5
40 eggs - $10
60 eggs - $15

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »
Quote from: xDeeKay
From my first post here:
Woops, I must be blind. Sorry!

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 02:01:24 pm »

So far, my favorite suggestion is this one (Mr's), although I think there should be 1 change.
Instead of having $10 for 4 of each sheep, cow, pig, wolf and mushroom, I think it should be somewhere between $6 and $8 for 4 of sheeps, cows, pigs and wolves, and $4 for 4 mushroom cow eggs (They are so much rarer/harder to transport).

On the other hand, it could be $10 for 4 of: Sheep, Cow, Pig, Wolf and Ocelot, and have $4 for the 4 Mushroom cows

EDIT: One thing I forgot to say, is I would not like to see villager eggs in this donation pack, or they might well go the way of the diamond (It barely has any value after all this voting).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:20:31 pm by clawstrider »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 03:09:23 pm »
Lets keep this simple. One thing about these discussions is people like to come up with addons and other things for the eggs. So lets do this:

There's no enemy mob eggs available for donation. Mob spawners are easy to find, and people like B1u3 j0k3r have spawners available to the public. Lets keep it restricted to friendly mobs.

Mob eggs: $5 for 8

That price would be for any type of egg including chikcens, but we just hope players have enough sense to buy chicken eggs from market and thow them.

Once again, mob eggs for donation $5 for 8 of them, and that's it. Maybe the mob type can be in the selection menu, or an admin can give the eggs in game and ask what type the player wants, but the simplest and  cleanest way to do this is stick with $5 for 8 mob eggs. Also I don't recommend eggs for villagers, or if you do decide to do eggs for villagers then make those a bit more pricy such as $5 for 1 of the villager eggs, but once again that's an addon which adds more to the plan which I discouraged in the beginning of this post.

Best griefer name ^

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:02 pm »
Well I think $5 for 10 eggs would be simple and clean, but like chief said, villagers should be higher priced!

Edit: It would be easier to have 2 eggs for $1, as more people would breed these. Also it is at the same rate as the prices above, but it would allow people to buy multiple animals instead of having 10. $5 for 4 villagers seems about right for me, considering the prices some people sell them at, and being one of the only sources for emeralds when the 1.3 update comes out. Im liking the feedback guys!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:48:38 pm by Chipaton »

<>LavaEvan<>

• SMP Trusted, Here to help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 03:48:45 pm »
I think that the eggs should be as follows:
Mooshroom Cow, Cow, Sheep, Chicken, Wolf, villager, and Ocelot
Prices As Follows:
Rare Eggs (Villager, Ocelot, and Wolf)
20 $8
40 $14
60 $20
60 $14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree with Deekay. We aren't talking about in-game money, it is real money. Truthfully, i wouldn't donate $5 for 10 eggs that is $2 an egg!