April 29, 2024, 03:38:20 am

Author Topic: Allowing Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders Mod  (Read 3650 times)

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
Allowing Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders Mod
« on: July 26, 2012, 09:31:19 pm »
Hello there fellow Opticrafters-
I was thinking it would be cool if the Shaders mod was allowed on the server. For those of you that don't know what the shaders mod is, its a mod that makes the game look really,really realistic. With shadows, animated leaves and grass,etc. I don't think the mod gives anyone an unfair advantage, considering it just makes the game look better. Reply if you think it's a good idea.
Thanks, LIEKABOWSE

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
Re: Allowing Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:04:13 pm »
2. No mods or hacks at all, Optifine is ok.
if we allow this mod, it's just going to encourage players to use various sorts of mods.

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:18:38 pm »
Like Henz said, allowing this mod would open the floodgates of complaining about mods being allowed or not. Optifine is allowed because it actually helps the player while in game, lag-wise. The mod suggested here is just for looks and not actually useful in any way. Its cool for singleplayer, but not here.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:32:43 am »
if we allow this mod, it's just going to encourage players to use various sorts of mods.

By the same logic, if we allow Optifine, it is going to encourage players to use various sorts of mods.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 09:49:27 am »

By the same logic, if we allow Optifine, it is going to encourage players to use various sorts of mods.

Optifine is completely different, some people need it to be able to play. Shaders mod isn't needed

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 10:29:44 am »
Claw I believe other wise.

If we say "No mods allowed" it gives some people more of a reason to break the rules, where as saying ONLY this mod is allowed lessens the chance of them wanting to break the rule.

Its like saying "Don't eat the chocolate" you are likely to want to eat them, but if you say "Don't eat the chocolates apart from the caramel ones" you are likely to eat just the caramel ones but leave the rest.

Therefore the rule "No mods apart from Optifine" is a good rule and far more intelligent than you seem to see it.

On the point of the shaders mod, Optifine helps players including staff to have a more enjoyable time on the server, even if you don't have it. If you playing with your friends and they are lagging its not the best experience but as we allow it it reduces the lag people get giving everyone a much better time on the server; where as the shaders mod does not. It might even cause a player more lag (I'm not sure as I've never used it) thus making the whole optifine mod less effective.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:33:39 am by arsenic_shark »