April 28, 2024, 11:09:39 pm

Author Topic: Price of Protection Stones  (Read 3889 times)

Supah_

• View Profile
Price of Protection Stones
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »
Hello my fellow Opticrafters. I have a complaint about the protection stone prices. I have only $600 and something and i know many others have much much more. But i am not allowed make a shop because my fellow boss Thewholeloaf. I am not blaming him but if i was allowed to make a shop, business would drop like a sack. I tried to advertise but failed badly. I think prices for protection stones should be significanly dropped. Please answer to my post, my Opticrafters and our amazing mods, please answer.
          Supah_Monkee
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
Re: Price of Protection Stones
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:00:48 pm »
The price of protection stones is what it is to stop people from buying lots of them and owning alot of land. They will not be lowered because optical does not want someone owning the entire map.

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:09:27 pm »
Of course. But the greatest problem is the people getting griefied. And we can't just hand out protection stones which will never end the grief of opticraft.

erection

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:27 pm »
You get one free small one when you become a member. Thats not going to stop all grief, but it should help. I only had one ps and my house never got griefed.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 02:13:49 pm »
The prices of protection stones were a lot higher in the past.
I'd be thankful of the current prices.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:38:11 pm by xDeeKay »

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »
You get one free small one when you become a member. Thats not going to stop all grief, but it should help. I only had one ps and my house never got griefed.
Yea but i never got one :[ i appreicate all of the posts.

erection

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »
First... Go mining!  You can sell Iron and Gold at the market  You can get a coal PS with something like a half-stack of Iron Ore (turned into blocks).

Second... The price of the PS was already lowered, it used to be MUCH higher.

Third...  Serious builders seem to be able to afford them, so try harder.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

JellyFlynn

• Trusted person :) and in Scotland!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 09:07:12 am »
Also voting to get diamonds to sell and doing jobs for people

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:51:17 pm »
Yea but i never got one :[ i appreicate all of the posts.
I don't think I got one either, strange.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 03:31:07 pm »
if you typed in your minecraft name correctly when you registered for the forum and you're recognized as a member in-game, you definitely got your free coal protection stone and $500.

as far as the prices go, i don't think they'll be changing very soon- especially coal. $1,500 is very easy to get just by selling resources such as iron to the market. just about every block you break in an iron expedition can be sold to the market (unless things have changed very recently).

however, i'll personally acknowledge that i believe the current economy to be in a bad state. tons of money floating around on a few select people, and the rest dirt poor. the market has been largely abused as it has an unlimited supply of both money and items. we can't get rid of it because there simply aren't enough efficient ways for players to trade money or goods with each other. lets face it, running a player-made shop and advertising on the trade channel is a recipe for failure.

so until we get problems with the current economy ironed out (which won't be terribly soon) you'll pretty much have to sit tight and make due with what you have available. :(

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »
And if you don't want to be griefed he is my suggestion go to the edge of the map or something and build your home there. I can't guarantee that you wont be griefed but it should help. try to prevent people from entering your home through ur sethome too. Many people just use a simple door trap with a furnace on the top and bottom. Even if you do get griefed we moderator will probably fix it if you ask.