April 29, 2024, 01:35:30 am

Author Topic: player shopsigns!!! (among other things)  (Read 2210 times)

demonic2012

• i am who I am who I am...or something... who am I?
    • View Profile
player shopsigns!!! (among other things)
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »
when I was on ecocitycraft, any player could place a shopsign and sell stuff while offline
this strikes me as a big improvement to any server

also, the marketplace is very limited in what you can sell. It makes me wonder why. why can I sell pistons, but not wool? why can't I sell the things at an npc market that you might not be able to sell to other players?

the locking system is quite excellent on the server, but it is very expensive. especially with the market limits placed.

thanks for listening and stuff

demonic2012 :P
i am who I am who I am...or something... who am I?
I am love...I am hate..I am on time...I am late... I am every good, and and every evil, concepts brought up by time
brilliance, and stupidity, all in the mind. I am one of those who brought the world to their pace...I am a member of the human race

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: player shopsigns!!! (among other things)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:59:56 pm »
If we were to give players the ability to make their own shops, it would pretty much ruin the current market.
The market is here to buy items, if players had shops, they would be able to bypass the market prices.

Pistons are sellable because of the recent removal of the melon and pumpkin sell signs, so that farm makers could sell them.

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:52 pm »
xDeeKay is right, shop signs would tend to ruin the current market as well become an annoyance when abandoned and left all over the server. If you are looking for extra sell signs that are not in the markets, look in the newer warp towns (NorthEast, NorthWest, SouthEast, and SouthWest) for unique items to buy and sell.

demonic2012

• i am who I am who I am...or something... who am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 02:51:31 pm »
ok thanks for the info Bantam
and DeeKay too
 ;D
I'll look there
i am who I am who I am...or something... who am I?
I am love...I am hate..I am on time...I am late... I am every good, and and every evil, concepts brought up by time
brilliance, and stupidity, all in the mind. I am one of those who brought the world to their pace...I am a member of the human race