April 28, 2024, 10:37:48 pm

Author Topic: The Nethers  (Read 6354 times)

Hobboy

• View Profile
The Nethers
« on: July 16, 2012, 03:52:19 pm »
I think the Nethers should be reset. All the land there is demolished and there is nothing there. If we reset the Nethers, more people could explore and kill blazes  :)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: The Nethers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:14 pm »
To reset some areas is ok with me.
But, to reset the whole nether, no. We have invested thousands of $$ there. I have my home there.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:57:41 pm »
Like Spam said, a fair few people use the Nether as their home.
Extending the borders could be a possibility, though.

Hobboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:28 pm »
Yeah, I think those are better ideas. I didn't take that in to consideration. Extending the boarders would be a very cool idea.

Flamefirre!

• Never gonna give you my diamonds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:14:02 am »
   What if we had a new Netherworld, like the memberworld? Just a thought. Maybe an unreasonable thought, but a thought. Is that even possible?
I have "player phases." I've been a Zelda guy, a gangster guy, a Quagmire guy, a Bane guy. Now I'm a Rick Astley guy. :D

X_CHARGER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 02:09:31 pm »
This isn't the best idea of resetting the the nether because people did put a lot of work into the stuff their and they have there wart farms there. But there is no more glowstone so extending the borders I think is the best option

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 06:44:36 pm »
Ummm yea... I spent months finding a blaze spawner and then thousands protecting and customizing a structure around it.  I'm ok with small areas being reset, but I'll be sorely pissed if my stuff vanishes due to it.  Just because you don't have a blaze spawner doesn't mean everyone else should loose theirs.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 07:33:07 pm »
What he said, again too lazy to quote ^

I would say either expand borders or reset small areas. I can't find anything in the nether these days in fact it's even peaceful. I have, in all of the time I have played Opticraft, one Pigman and nothing else of value. I would also maybe suggest a second nether world, accessible through the member world. Just try and restore the nether to its natural state somehow.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 09:02:54 pm »
What he said, again too lazy to quote ^

I would say either expand borders or reset small areas. I can't find anything in the nether these days in fact it's even peaceful. I have, in all of the time I have played Opticraft, one Pigman and nothing else of value. I would also maybe suggest a second nether world, accessible through the member world. Just try and restore the nether to its natural state somehow.

The thing is, even a new nether is going to get destroyed eventually.  It's not the server causing it to be a disaster zone, it's the players, and they haven't gone anywhere.  I remind you that it's ONLY guests that can't get to the member world.  Pretty sure it wasn't all guests that destroyed the nether.  It'll happen again and again and again.  *LOL*
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:01 pm »
I think the Nethers should be reset. All the land there is demolished and there is nothing there. If we reset the Nethers, more people could explore and kill blazes  :)
I found yesterday a blaze spawner i was walking for 10min when i found 1 put a coal ore on it
get all items for a exp farm and make the exp farm easy ! ( Or hire some1 to make 1 )
just explore  a lot mine in netherrack or spare money to buy  a blaze exp farm  hire some1 in to make 1

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 09:22:18 pm »
This isn't the best idea of resetting the the nether because people did put a lot of work into the stuff their and they have there wart farms there. But there is no more glowstone so extending the borders I think is the best option
at the place where i found my spawner i found more then  10 stacks of glowstone ( wiht my silk touch pickaxe ) but still that is 640 glowstone
that is a lot !

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 07:30:44 am »
The nether is an issue. And I see it as a glimpse of the future. Thats what the overwold will look like a loooooong time from now. A solution must be created, as we'll eventually need to do the same for the overworld. Already mobs are thin and few in the overworld and nether. And solutions like expanding the borders or reseting areas are just temporary. A permenant solution must be created, or else pretty soon, we'll find ourselves running into trouble. Because while everybody wants their own blaze spawner, no one wants to lose their blaze spawner. We dont have unlimited blaze spawners people, so we better figure out how to make sure that new players can always find a new one.

X_CHARGER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 01:47:30 pm »
Since(I don't know how to spell it) no one wants to loose anything they have built in guest, member, or nether world what if opti made a whole new server while keeping this one. It would be a second server do you could start fresh but still have your stuff on the first server. What do you guys think about that. 

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:25 pm »
The nether is a important factor of money like glowstone and netherblocks. I agree with the ppl that suggested a netherworld. There is also a lot of protection in the nether, completly restricting shops to gain valued goods(Netherblock etc.) But there should at least, be a shop at the market for nether stuff. I know at the market there is glowstone, netherblocks etc. A total reset of nether will cause shops a significant drop in business if they stockpile items about nether. The nether homes will be destroyed. A city in the nether with a big size should remain everyone from fretting.
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:27 pm »
Since(I don't know how to spell it) no one wants to loose anything they have built in guest, member, or nether world what if opti made a whole new server while keeping this one. It would be a second server do you could start fresh but still have your stuff on the first server. What do you guys think about that. 

...and who's going to pay for it?  Do you have any idea how much a Minecraft server this big costs, and you want to double that?

The nether is a important factor of money like glowstone and netherblocks. I agree with the ppl that suggested a netherworld. There is also a lot of protection in the nether, completly restricting shops to gain valued goods(Netherblock etc.) But there should at least, be a shop at the market for nether stuff. I know at the market there is glowstone, netherblocks etc. A total reset of nether will cause shops a significant drop in business if they stockpile items about nether. The nether homes will be destroyed. A city in the nether with a big size should remain everyone from fretting.

There are already several player cities in the Nether, complete with stores and shops.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!