May 14, 2024, 05:20:21 pm

Author Topic: Zero Idea Why I Was Banned  (Read 4484 times)

taylorhill89

• View Profile
Zero Idea Why I Was Banned
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:53:35 pm »
Hello,

I logged on today for the first time in a month or so. I had been playing for about an hour, and I was taking a tour through the city near my home when all of a sudden I was banned. I hadn't destroyed any property to my knowledge. I did patch a few public holes in the skyway, but I don't think that constitutes griefing. What can I do to get this resolved? I'd hate to be banned after so much work without knowing why or what I did wrong.  >.<

Thanks for reading.

*Edit* If I recall correctly, the reason was "said he was using ban software" or something of the sort. I had just a few moments prior asked about the new automatic ban software, and looking back maybe somebody read my comment wrong, thinking I was saying I was using banned software? This was absolutely NOT the case, to set the record straight.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:56:19 pm by taylorhill89 »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Zero Idea Why I Was Banned
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »

Even if it was a joke, saying that kind of stuff in general chat is most certainly NOT funny.

Please wait for XpLoZzIv to respond.

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:21:52 pm »
I believe almost verbatim what I typed was this, after seeing several grievers get banned automatically.

"This new banning software is awesome."

"How does it work?"

I never mentioned *anything* about using banned software. The chat transcripts prior to that (less than 3-4 minutes, in fact) should vindicate this. I realize making a joke about using banned software would be stupid, but I never did that, or anything related to it in any shape or form. Would you mind checking a few minutes before the screenshot you posted and posting what you find? I am confident that I am not in violation of any rule, or even any commonly-accepted no-no.

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 12:21:46 am »
Anyone? It doesn't even seem that there is any "proof" so to speak--a (1) second-hand claim that (2) I said I was using banned software doesn't seem to fit the criteria as a bankable offense. Whoever saw me say that was reading it wrong--I was only asking about the automatic ban software, not "banned software." It was an off-hand comment out of curiosity because I hadn't been on in a month, and I quiet literally said it was "awesome" before I was banned.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 04:10:45 pm »
XpLoZzIv still has to reply to this, but I just wanted to add that "(1) second-hand claim" is completely in error.  If he saw you state that you have mods installed then it's a first-hand claim and he has every right to ban until it's cleared up.  That said, he hasn't been available here to post the evidence so you'll have to be patient until he replies.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 08:16:40 pm »
Well, I actually remembering you say "Hahahahah I'm griefing!" like 5 times in the chat and then you said "This griefing client is so awesome!!!!!".
So, Cya.
Probably the best Builder ever.

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 11:54:37 pm »
XpLoZzIv, are you kidding me?

That is completely and utterly false, and you know it. But I can see now that the cards are stacked against me--it's a shame that after all the fun I've had on Opticraft, it ends with a completely false and arbitrary ban; but rather than being one of those types that complains about it in a very loud and public manner, I will leave you all in peace, unless a mod is sympathetic to my story and unbans me. It is unfortunate that the community feels it necessary to ban completely law-abiding users, but it is YOUR community, and I have no say in my ultimate fate.

For the last time, I have done none of this, but I am particularly disappointed in XpLoZzIv for corroborating a false story. Due to the fact that I have no way of proving my innocence, I wish you all well in life and Minecraft, and will not hold a grudge; seeing as how XpLoZzIv is determined on presenting false evidence, as a mod I would believe I was guilty too.

I will, however, remain baffled and confused. Goodbye, all.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 12:43:15 am »
If mods made false stories, then they would not be doing a very good job and they would be demoted for their chagrin.

The very fact that you deny this just makes it even worse for you. Denials like these do not amuse me at all-- players try to LIE to us all the time. It's very obvious to tell who is saying what in chat. We would've known if you were praising the ban plugins. No, you did not.

If you still can't believe us or continue to deny this claim (which, by the way, is anything BUT false), we'll have our server owner pull up the chat logs if it gets to that point.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:48:12 am by Xeadin »

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:07 am »
I would love for the server logs to be pulled up--I have nothing to hide. Is this a possibility? It will absolutely absolve me of any guilt whatsoever.

I do not mean to disrespect any admins/moderators; it is entirely possible that someone in chat was saying such things around the time I was chatting. If this is the case, it is entirely understandable that my statements could have been mixed up with someone else's. If this is indeed true, I gladly apologize. If you will for a moment humor me and assume my innocence, one can see how it is frustrating when evidence comes out of the woodwork when there is not, in fact, any to be uncovered, other than that which would prove my innocence.

I do understand that people lie all the time about doing what they did, and your suspicion is natural and expected. However, the chat logs will absolve me, and if possible I would like to politely request that they be reviewed and posted, as I still maintain that I am not guilty.

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 12:17:41 am »
Would any mod review my case? Or, if the logs are too much trouble, at the very least, add a time limit to the ban? The logs will show I never said anything of the sort.

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 11:41:39 pm »
A definitive answer would be much appreciated, especially considering there *is evidence in the logs* supporting my position that I was banned in error.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 11:50:40 pm »
You have had several mods and even an op review this case. i think the verdict is fair. unless you have proof that you were not saying anything(the proof would come from chatlogs). But anyway stop being impatient

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:06 am »
I'm not aware that a mod has reviewed the case in a formal sense--I apologize if the process is underway, and the logs are being or will be reviewed. As far as my knowledge goes, I do not have a copy of the chat logs on my computer (unless Minecraft automatically logs it, which I have unsuccessfully searched for).

I do not mean to be impatient--but the proof exists, and I have not received confirmation on whether or not they will be reviewed. If they will not, then I will leave you all in peace, but they will definitely show my innocence, so that is why I am seeking confirmation one way or the other.

Thanks.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »
I just want to make one thing clear-- The moderators are here not to pick on random people. That's not our job. Our job is to make sure that people are playing the game fairly for others so that they have an equal chance of being able to experience the game without much trouble. This is where the rules come into play. It is possible that someone may have misinterpreted someone else saying something out of league, but the reality of moderation is that there are going to be a few mistakes. We don't have the time for any funny business with other players.

So, I want to make certain that this doesn't happen again. I will unban you, but I want you to confirm with me that you have force updated your .jar file to make sure that you are playing with a clean "vanilla" file. You may save a copy of your current .jar file if you use it on other servers or if you use it for your single-player explorations, but I want to make sure that you are playing with a clean file on this server.

Please confirm with me on this appeal that you have done so, then I will remove the ban and you will be able to get back on.

taylorhill89

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 06:44:37 pm »
Thank you very much. I do understand there are mistakes made, and I sincerely promise I will remain committed to preserving a fair game experience, as I know you are going out on a limb for me. I do maintain my innocence, and I will not let you down.

I do not know how to modify the .jar file, but I will certainly force update it right now. How should I provide confirmation? Or is verbal confirmation sufficient?

*Edit* I have deleted the bin folder and updated.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:47:51 pm by taylorhill89 »