May 29, 2024, 09:29:26 am

Author Topic: Warning signs for going off the servers border  (Read 2971 times)

Jowee20

• Jowee20 Co-Mayor of Shifting Sands
    • View Profile
Warning signs for going off the servers border
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:08:41 pm »
May people who are living on borders in the world have been finding many troubles with the size of the server. Warnings would help alot.

When i was mining i came across a diamond in a ravine- and me being a new member (not knowing about voting at the time) this was a big find for me - and my leap for the diamond i found i was pushed back into the wall and couldnt get out. it made a pretty funny troll for people though.

I have witnessed deaths from this and it would be good for future warnings before hand.
From Jowee20

Absolutely round is the way i like my cookies ;)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Warning signs for going off the servers border
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:13:07 pm »
There is a message in chat that appears when you reach the world border:

Quote from: Server
You Have Reached The Worlds Border

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

Yes, but that happens when it's already too late.

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

Yes, but that happens when it's already too late.

True happened twice to me :I should be message like *World Border In 5 Block

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 07:24:44 pm »
Do we really need anything else? Even if this was implemented, people will still ignore the messages saying, "Border is x blocks away-- turn back," anyway.

It works just fine the way it is. No need to change anything if it's not going to make any change. People are still going to ignore reminders and will hit the border at some point.

If you were building right by the world border, would you enjoy the server spamming messages every time you move toward the border?

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 08:05:26 pm »
Understandable, Really because border expanding that shoudn't really be a problem.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »
If you were building right by the world border, would you enjoy the server spamming messages every time you move toward the border?

It would be a nuisance I do agree, but what if your not building something? What of you were mining and gathering resources? What happened if you found a diamonds just a few blocks OVER the border? As Jowee20 said:

When i was mining i came across a diamond in a ravine- and me being a new member (not knowing about voting at the time) this was a big find for me - and my leap for the diamond i found i was pushed back into the wall and couldnt get out. it made a pretty funny troll for people though.

I have witnessed deaths from this and it would be good for future warnings before hand.

If we do set this up, it would be the fault of that person alone, and surely we could stop the server spamming by placing a cap on how many times the player recieves it? Right now, the main cause of deaths related to borders is naïveté, not ignorance. If this feature was implemented, the main cause would most certainly be ignorance.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »
Wait what happens when you go past the border?

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 09:12:23 pm »
Do we really need anything else? Even if this was implemented, people will still ignore the messages saying, "Border is x blocks away-- turn back," anyway.

It works just fine the way it is. No need to change anything if it's not going to make any change. People are still going to ignore reminders and will hit the border at some point.

I agree, and really ive been to the border and the message pops up just in time, u just have to look, its not late. I have never gotten stuck and if i did i would simply type /spawn or something quick, its not that big of a deal really
I'm Back BABY!