May 15, 2024, 03:33:25 pm

Author Topic: How can I play?  (Read 1496 times)

Domaik

• View Profile
How can I play?
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:15 pm »
Hi there.

I'm new to the world of minecraft and I'd like to play the game. I googled and found this server and it looks awesome but I have no idea of how to connect or play in this server. Also I dunno if I need a special version of the game?

Thanks you for your time, I'll be waiting for your help (:

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
Re: How can I play?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »
In order to play on our Survival server, you need to purchase the full version of minecraft at www.minecraft.net

If you want to play for free, you can play on our classic server Here

Either way, you need to make an account at www.minecraft.net

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
Re: How can I play?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:54:20 pm »
Assuming you meet the above mentioned requirements, I'll go ahead and explain uhm.. the game?
Minecraft is a 3D sandbox (sandbox= you can do whatever you like) wich has 2 different gamemodes (actually much more than the 2 standart ones) wich are:
1.Creative as the name suggests you have all blocks available to "create" anything you like. (ex. Houses, ships, football stadiums ect.)
2. Survivall its a mode in wich you are called to survive in a randomly generated environment ( find food build a shelter, survive the night when dangerous creatures seek to harm you). In order to survive you have to build a shelter. In order to build a shelter, you have to get blocks. In order to get blocks faster you have to use tools ( axe, shovel, pickaxe..). In order to get those you need materials (wood,stone,iron..).
Consider typing on youtube: How to survive your first night. There are many tutorials on how to play the game.
And when you are exoerienced enough with the game on single player then you'd wanna go online. To join the opticrafts survival server you have to enter its ip wich is: smp.opticraft.net
Before starting, though, Its important that you read the Information page
 [ http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,SMPInfo.html ]
Then you'll be able to enjoy the game to its fullest.

I hope this help you
-NoS
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."