May 14, 2024, 04:31:06 pm

Author Topic: Monster Spawns  (Read 18623 times)

devzer0

• View Profile
Re: Monster Spawns
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »
You could sell slime balls in the market too. You could set the price high to match the current economy and then slowly lower it. The price would need to start at least at the median or average of what a sticky piston sells for. Probably 6k ish.

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »
What if they made a plugin that made the spawns from spawners not count towards the total count, and made monsters more than 144 blocks of a player de-spawn, and possibly making sunlight instantly kill mobs? Just some ideas.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »
and made monsters more than 144 blocks of a player de-spawn,

Minecraft as default despawns mobs further than 128 blocks from a player.

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 12:34:03 pm »
Ah sorry, my mistake.

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 02:14:31 pm »
and made monsters more than 144 blocks of a player de-spawn,

Minecraft as default despawns mobs further than 128 blocks from a player.

This doesn't completely work with our server. I'm at the x:4500 z:4500 coordinates and the market is at x40 z:60 or something like that, when i tp from my city to the market and return, they still exist...

Check it out! ;)

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2012, 03:35:06 pm »
That's what's broken on our server and what makes spawning such a huge issue right now that everybody is wanting slimes,etc,etc, and what I've been saying this whole time. :/

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2012, 09:49:55 pm »
I seen a tiny slime yesterday.....got 2 slime balls from him lol, first time in a month I've seen one. Cleared out a few chunks where he was and still nothing lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:54:45 pm by 2crzy4uall »

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2012, 11:50:59 pm »
having the server use /butcher every few hours would do nothing.

hostile mobs try to spawn every game tick (1/20th of a second) - this means that about 10 seconds after using /butcher, the mob cap is saturated again and monsters will essentially stop spawning until another /butcher is used. the command would need to be used every few minutes for anyone to notice anything (especially slimes)

Hmmmm....  Well would there maybe be a way to limit how many mobs can exist within a certain radius of a spawner?  I know some of the blaze spawners can get up into the hundreds of mobs around them, lagging the chunk so badly you can't even move.

correct me if the following is not the point  ;)
trying to understand the problem  :D

are the spawners a problem?
spawners already have a max right?
until ofcourse, they get out of the escape area but...that takes time right?
so if they would be saturated within 10 seconds again, the mob spawners will not have time enough
to produce an ammount, that fills up the cap so much  :-\
in wich the actual saturation of spawners replacing the regular mobs would take way longer then a couple mins?

am i close? :D
*hiding in a corner waiting for someone to totaly proove me wrong or tell me its something else 8)*

OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 02:15:12 am »
having the server use /butcher every few hours would do nothing.

hostile mobs try to spawn every game tick (1/20th of a second) - this means that about 10 seconds after using /butcher, the mob cap is saturated again and monsters will essentially stop spawning until another /butcher is used. the command would need to be used every few minutes for anyone to notice anything (especially slimes)

Hmmmm....  Well would there maybe be a way to limit how many mobs can exist within a certain radius of a spawner?  I know some of the blaze spawners can get up into the hundreds of mobs around them, lagging the chunk so badly you can't even move.

so if they would be saturated within 10 seconds again, the mob spawners will not have time enough
in wich the actual saturation of spawners replacing the regular mobs would take way longer then a couple mins?

*hiding in a corner waiting for someone to totaly proove me wrong or tell me its something else 8)*

The thing is, most spawners are turned into grinders/farms so naturally the mobs are rushed away from the spawner asap, so that more spawn

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 09:28:02 am »
Found some mobs and slimes yesterday, I was really exited.
Today... None at all... :(
They really need to fix this.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 06:34:28 pm »

The thing is, most spawners are turned into grinders/farms so naturally the mobs are rushed away from the spawner asap, so that more spawn

Agreed...  Since farms are designed to move the mobs away from the spawner it circumvents the maximum spawn capacity of the spawner.  I've seen some blaze traps with hundreds of blazes in them and they just keep spawning because the spawner doesn't know to stop.  I believe this also happens with the zombie/spider/skelly traps as well, but since there are so many of them on the server it maxes out the mob limit fast so you never get spawners with hundreds of mobs in them.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »
Agreed...  Since farms are designed to move the mobs away from the spawner it circumvents the maximum spawn capacity of the spawner.  I've seen some blaze traps with hundreds of blazes in them and they just keep spawning because the spawner doesn't know to stop.  I believe this also happens with the zombie/spider/skelly traps as well, but since there are so many of them on the server it maxes out the mob limit fast so you never get spawners with hundreds of mobs in them.
Actually the other day i fell asleep at my skelly spawner, woke up 3 hours later and i couldnt even move there were so many, i couldnt hit them either, i had somone brew me some potions and ended up killing them all, it was horrible lol

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »
Actually the other day i fell asleep at my skelly spawner, woke up 3 hours later and i couldnt even move there were so many, i couldnt hit them either, i had somone brew me some potions and ended up killing them all, it was horrible lol

When you feel tired, log out... *LOL*
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 10:34:58 pm »

ah i see the problem now  :D
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member