April 29, 2024, 04:14:21 am

Author Topic: Top Donor Title  (Read 14791 times)

MimesisX

• View Profile
Top Donor Title
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:04:59 pm »
Good Afternoon Fellow Opticraftians,

Titles, Titles, Titles!!! Everyone Loves them, they are a show of recognition and accomplishment. When a member achieves the status of Top Voter it shows and they have a certain elevated status and sense of pride that reflects among the community on the server. (Feels Good Bro!) Now lets examine  the donation system in place on this server; it allows for players to enhance their experience and enjoyment by supporting both the server and the community, yet there is no similar recognition for this critical role the donor's play on the server. The Importance of donation is equal if not greater than voting and I feel it should be recognized properly by the community and server as a whole. So in stating this; I request on behalf of myself and fellow donor's that a Top Donators Title be implemented in order give tribute to all the players who spare some coin for the greater good <3. Let's all work together to build a better world and recognize those who shine just a lil bit brighter than the rest = ).

Please, Leave your comments & approval below. When the Community speaks the leaders listen; raise your voice for change. The louder we get the greater the effect <3

<3 MimesisX & Aveilon

"Awww Buckets"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:30:25 pm by MimesisX »

aveilon

• SMP Mod roar =^_^=
    • View Profile
Re: Top Donor Title
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:35:02 pm »
^_^ *likes* good idea  :D

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:15:05 am »
I dont recognize the idea here.
THe server has already decided to give prices of $$ to the first three.
Moreover, you get a title "Top Voter" for a month that later gets removed.

What else should the server do?

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:46:14 am »
He's referring to the top donators, inheriting the [Top Donator] rank. Therefore wanting be more recognized as a donator to the Opticraft community. :)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:26 am »
This could quite possibly have some possibility of bringing in some more renevue. If yu think abut it, people are going to want that title because it represents that they legitimately care about the server and that they want to support it. So, idea supported by me!

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:10:01 am »
I fully support it.
And sorry for not understanding the post. I misread it before.

Victor1261

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 12:52:18 pm »
Now this seems like a good idea! Although I'd first like for them to add multi-homes to donations first.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:51:29 pm »
Ive seen many servers with and [Donater] or [Vip] type rank maybe for donaters the could get a [D] to show that they have donated.
And if you have the title donation i guess you could do this but not evertyone donates for the title package.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:43 pm »
Hmm. This is confusing, having this [Top Donator] rank isn't really necassary, it has no benefits to it, it just makes you more recognizeable as a major support to the server. But if this was setup how top voter is very month, there would be no point to it, unless they donate again to the amount that is needed to earn that rank. Unless it was a permanent rank, then it would be no problem.

valkyrieX888

• Daily Ragnarok Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 03:09:16 pm »
Umm good.. Maybe good..  :)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 04:26:40 pm »
It's a good idea if it's a permanent rank in my opinion.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 06:08:59 pm »
Here is the problem. It cant be a permanent rank because someone can always donate more than you making you not a top donor. But if you give it to everyone who donated that would be way to many people.

You also have to take into account that you get more in return when you donate than if you vote. When you donate, it is almost always for something you want in return.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:27 pm »
I was on a server once where there wasn't a [Top Donator] title, but if you DID donate that month you would get a [Donator] title for THAT MONTH.  It was an automatic thing and went away at the end of the month.  Still kinda cool, but with the advent of being able to set your own title it's kinda mute.  Just donate to get a custom title and change it to "Donator" if you want.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »
It cant be a permanent rank because someone can always donate more than you making you not a top donor.
Or it can simply be a rank that the highest donor gets it.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »
Guys? We can make it with a colour in the name.
It can be Purple or light yellow.
So all the donators will get their special characteristic and the option of "title" which is already a donation will not make confusion.

What you think?