April 29, 2024, 12:28:41 am

Author Topic: Bottle o' Enchanting  (Read 10239 times)

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
Bottle o' Enchanting
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:13:57 pm »
I didn't know where to post this or even if there was something similar to this, so I placed it here. Anyway, I had an idea as I was using my Xp farm. What if we could "Bottle" xp like we would water? For example; I just got ready to kill a few blazes, I kill them and equip a glass bottle. Instead of the xp going towards my xp bar, it fills up my bottle? Afterwards it tells you the current xp in the bottle and you can continue to fill or you can store it or sell it or give it away. This could be a legitmate way of having an "xp bank/store" and eliminate the need to go AFK or pay to rent time in a xp farm. This is just something that popped in my mind. I'm only spit-balling here and seeing what sticks, so to speak. Thanks :P

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Bottle o' Enchanting
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:17:53 pm »
There may be a mod mod out there that allows that but I highly doubt that would be implemented on here. Interesting idea though

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:24:25 pm »
Liked the idea! Also, you can sell xp to the market for example to get these bottles. It would be awesome. But the reason it won't be implemented is because we have a donation for 50 levels. Optical won't want to demolish this idea as he probably earns a lot of this donation.

Check it out! ;)

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:39:38 pm »
I really like the idea. Maybe the plug-in develepors could come up with a way to fix it up. ;)

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »
Liked the idea! Also, you can sell xp to the market for example to get these bottles. It would be awesome. But the reason it won't be implemented is because we have a donation for 50 levels. Optical won't want to demolish this idea as he probably earns a lot of this donation.

Probably this, though bottling XP would be nice.

Although it doesn't make sense in reality. XP is the "accomplishment" of doing something, that is meant to be personal to you. The bottles on creative mod don't count. So selling your accomplishments doesn't seem to work to me.

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

Probably? I mean if this was true then couldn't Opti just outlaw xp farm in general? Since the only difference between this idea and a standard xp farm is the waiting time.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:02:46 pm »

xp bottles are a creative mode thing only. and I'm sure ops/admins would be nice and do another market drop unless there is a specific rule about it

Probably? I mean if this was true then couldn't Opti just outlaw xp farm in general? Since the only difference between this idea and a standard xp farm is the waiting time.

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »
Maybe this idea will be implemented in the future minecraft updates or bottle o'Enchanting can be available in survival mode.

Check it out! ;)

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 09:53:28 pm »
 I really love this idea too, though like Zen00 said it is a acomplishment. But really Great Idea!

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »
In the update u can get bottle when u trade with villagers
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Nhataley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 11:16:38 pm »
Really that is awesome! I would love to trade with villages. But their is like no NPC Villages on opticraft :(
But still that is awesome.

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »
Really that is awesome! I would love to trade with villages. But their is like no NPC Villages on opticraft :(

You know, I coincidently own a larger than normal village, completely encased in glass and protected by 4 diamond PS's. When the new update comes out, msg. me. ;)

Nhataley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 02:09:58 am »
Ok, Sweet :)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 12:51:17 pm »

You know, I coincidently own a larger than normal village, completely encased in glass and protected by 4 diamond PS's. When the new update comes out, msg. me. ;)
u wont be able to trade cause u need emerald the only way to solve it is if market sells it, and u can get the bottle ONLY from PRIEST villager....
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »
You will get emeralds from villagers by selling items to them. It will be easy. You don't have to mine them. But i think opti will disable the bottle o'enchanting trade on the server as he has a donation for levels and he earn a lot from it as i already said.(That would be something I do if i were in the place of opti)

Check it out! ;)